Crawling

Kaed

I don't know how hard this would be to implement, but it would be really helpful if when you are unable to stand up due to some reason (but not unconscious) due to having a broken or missing leg, or being seriously injured, you could move, very slowly, via crawling. This should still hurt you if you have shattered bones, like you are being dragged.

Cause it's kinda weird to have a leg issues and have to lay there helplessly forever until someone gets you a wheelchair. Wheelchairs should make it EASIER to move with something wrong with your legs, not be the only thing that can facilitate it.

While we're at it, maybe being able to hold items while laying down would be useful, for the sake of being able to perform first aid on yourself. But I don't know if it's hardcoded that you can't hold things when in the rest position. (But maybe just make people drop everything they're holding when knocked down and only be unable to pick up things again for a short while if it can be changed?)

+1 for the crawling, would make sense that you can't stand, but you don't become magically paralyzed (unless you broke your arms too, then I guess you are condemned to squirm )

-1 to be able to use items while crawling though. Maybe if you are lying down you can hold items, but you drop them if you try to move.

maybe have it like a part of the rest verb? if you try to move while resting, that could be crawling, too. would allow you to go under the plastic binds in some places like robuttics and engie.

EDIT: Further fleshing out crawling (aka rest+move), you could make it so you can hide under tables and fit inside crates.

Edited by Guest

Crawling would be good. I agree with the non-movement holding items thing too.

I second this, even if this suggestion will likely be shot down. Dislocated legs shouldn't completely disable you 100%, but it would be better for balance if you had to wait a few seconds after being handicapped in order to move.

I agree with this, I do think that if you break a leg it shouldn't be the end all, be all, and I also think it'd be great to be able to "rest" and then crawl about. I also think it'd be great if you could still use your hands when you're just lying down to do simple things like first aid. But I also agree that there should be a few seconds of cooldown before you can crawl, or pick up items, for balance reasons, and that when you fall the items in your hand fall out of your hand to the floor (either you set them down so you can lie down, or if you lied down for more violent reasons because they fell out of your hands when you hit the floor), so Urist McSecurity can't have a bullet shatter his femur and still fire his gun and crawl away with zero impediment.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

crawling would be very good. Being stunlocked in place for infinity is really butts, especially if safety is only a few tiles away.

In the old days people without legs who you knocked out of wheelchairs could crawl, and I remember someone terminator-crawling towards me in maintenence after I stole their wheelchair. It was terrifying. It should be painstakingly slow, but at least possible.

+1

• 1 month later...
  • Gem locked this topic