/tg/ Brain Damage

I have begun porting /tg/ brain damage over exams week, since I am currently unable to test any of my PRs, only to code. I've had to de-tgify brain damage a lot so there are some holes that could be filled with traits.

The system works simply;

Brainloss is now exclusive to human mobs, and only human mobs with a brain, obviously. Brainloss also now has a much higher lethality threshold. After passing certain thresholds however the user will become subject to certain specific retardations, permanent traits (until cured, that is), such as unreasonable phobias, spasms, or delusions.

I invite the community to suggest additional possible traits here. Please be sure to look through the already extant traits to ensure no duplication. Good luck.

PR here; https://github.com/Aurorastation/Aurora.3/pull/3979

Edited by Guest

Some form of numerology would be interesting to see. On one hand people who are paranoid about numbers are often very good at recognizing patterns, so good in fact that it scares them.

You could even segway this trait with the horror trope of having mentally damaged people be immune/ possess greater understanding of the unknown by allowing people with this trait to read cult shit or make sense of it in some way.

I don't like this idea at all. It's effectively trying to mechanically enforce roleplay, and while that's fine for an LRP or MRP server, a server branding itself as a heavy roleplay server shouldn't have half of these, like "tourettes" replacing random words with all-caps swear words, or "partial schizophrenia" making an imaginary friend. Most of them don't make any sense from a medical standpoint, and I'm not talking "a neurologist would dislike this", I'm talking "someone who took a life science class in seventh grade would sigh in disbelief". A "complete separation of the lobes of the brain" wouldn't create split personalities, for example.

Honestly, I don't think this fits the server at all. Maybe someone else disagrees, but as it stands, I don't think this should be added. (In case it wasn't clear, this is a vote for dismissal, though I suppose since it's already got a PR that won't do anything.)

I agree on one thing said above and that is tourettes.

It serves no purpose besides being absolutely fucking annoying to both the person playing and everyone around them and while these things are supposed to be annoying, this is annoying on a whole new level as all it does is spam everyones chatbox.

It was removed for a good reason and should stay removed.

• Gem locked this topic