[Dismissed] Reduce the chances of select gamemodes.

About a week ago I had an epiphany. The chances of a gamemode occuring when displaying secret chances don't necessarily reflect the chances of an antag actually happening. I decided to spend some time calculating the chances of an antag appearing using google docs and the results just made me sigh and giggle, a siggle if you will.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1peEImzfnToz4i5UVUz1GpIcL8Op-9HenMpRjugyKDv8/edit?usp=sharing

I have found the following key points:

Merc or raider has a 16% chance to occur.

Ninja or Wizard has a 27% chance to occur.

A single antag has a 16% chance to occur.

Ninja is the second highest antag type to occur, with a whopping 16% chance.

Cult or rev has a 20% chance to occur.

These are... really bad number honestly, especially for an HRP server. I genuinely feel that some of the gamemode weights need to be rebalanced in order to actually reflect the chance of an antag happening, rather than it's gamemode. Most gamemodes with similar antags are the same (with the exception of cult + vamp, because that's just pure cancer).

So I propose the following:

Reduce the chances of merc/heist related gamemodes. If 4 team station invaders was it's own gamemode, it would be the second highest occuring gamemode, next to autotraitor.

Reduce the chances of single antag gamemodes. They occur way too often, and when they do, the round is incredibly boring.

Reduce the chances of ninja. It occurs way too much when you consider other gamemodes.

• 2 weeks later...

I would support this, but then this could result in an increase of bad merc gimmicks, then no one will want to play that mode. This would all rely if people can RP correctly, and let's face it....a lot of people can't. How would you stop bad gimmicks like the rage cage? Or just shoot everything up?

I would support this, but then this could result in an increase of bad merc gimmicks, then no one will want to play that mode. This would all rely if people can RP correctly, and let's face it....a lot of people can't. How would you stop bad gimmicks like the rage cage? Or just shoot everything up?

I'm not sure I understand the question. How could reducing the chances of getting merc/heist when voting secret lead to bad gimmicks? Mercs/Raiders already have bad gimmicks without my help.

So I propose the following:

Reduce the chances of merc/heist related gamemodes. If 4 team station invaders was it's own gamemode, it would be the second highest occuring gamemode, next to autotraitor.

Reduce the chances of single antag gamemodes. They occur way too often, and when they do, the round is incredibly boring.

Reduce the chances of ninja. It occurs way too much when you consider other gamemodes.

Alternatively, just raise autotraitor a significant percentage so that the same effect is still accomplished.

Tuning 1 thing only is how the dev team prefers to track issues and gather data on certain game modes, after all. Small tune-ups to volatile things like these are preferred overall, anyway.

I'm not sure I understand the question. How could reducing the chances of getting merc/heist when voting secret lead to bad gimmicks? Mercs/Raiders already have bad gimmicks without my help.

I had to re-read this, and actually made a big no-no. So I am just going to change to +1

• 5 months later...