[Policy] Rules around Flashing Vaurca [Existing Policy - Binned]

As a Vaurca player I am sick of Security flashing me when many other forms of stun or apprehension are available. A security officer should know and be trained not to flash a Vaurca and blind them. Ive been flashed when handcuffed multiple times, Ive been flashed into blindness for looking at an officer for too long. Ive been flashed when coming willingly. There needs to be rules against this because no amount of IC interaction makes a difference and it still consistently happens. Obviously if I was a direct violent threat it wouldnt bother me getting flashed but it never is they just flash Vaurca to blindness either because they dont care or they dont know that it blinds vaurca in which case they shouldnt be allowed to handle a flash.

While I can sympathize with the frustration this causes, uh.

Vaurca are not very popular with a large number of characters. They're weird, gross, and annoying to have to lizzzen to, with few notable exceptions, and a lot people ICly don't super give a fuck if a vaurca is blinded by flashes, especially if they were doing bad things. They barely even have rights in-character, nor are they particularly treated as people in any sense other than the technical legal sense.

Yes, I'm aware some people like vaurca who are not vaurca. And those people are fine. But they don't occupy a spot of very high priority or civil importance for a lot of the non-vaurca crew.

By playing as a vaurca, you're not signing on to play as a person who happens to be a bugmans, you're signing on to play as a bugmans who would like to be treated as a person. Assuming you actually want even that. I've seen some vaurca who are content to be a literal carpet people walk over.

While I can sympathize with the frustration this causes, uh.

Vaurca are not very popular with a large number of characters. They're weird, gross, and annoying to have to lizzzen to, with few notable exceptions, and a lot people ICly don't super give a fuck if a vaurca is blinded by flashes, especially if they were doing bad things. They barely even have rights in-character, nor are they particularly treated as people in any sense other than the technical legal sense.

Yes, I'm aware some people like vaurca who are not vaurca. And those people are fine. But they don't occupy a spot of very high priority or civil importance for a lot of the non-vaurca crew.

By playing as a vaurca, you're not signing on to play as a person who happens to be a bugmans, you're signing on to play as a bugmans who would like to be treated as a person. Assuming you actually want even that. I've seen some vaurca who are content to be a literal carpet people walk over.

Um,I feel obligated to chime in here,in most rounds there is Vaurca sympathizers

sure there is the odd person who will insult me IC and tell me they adore my character OOC but I consitently find people treating Vaurca so well in fact that they are willing to buy them K'oisbars if asked

that's like 115 credits you spend on a creepy bug man

it's the absolute inverse in my personal experience

as for people of importance,the QM regularly treats buggos nice,the chief engineer will be moved on occassion to move a phoron tank to engineering lobby for gas tank refills and friendly slaps on the back,the CMO is willing to buy K'oisbars from his personal funds as is the medical staff

That's like half the heads on station on a regular basis

I play Vaurca so I make this assertion

it might not be true but it is what I perceive my experience as

---

also I have come into contact with Cyborgs

Cyborgs who are programmed to be unbiased,who treat Vaurca in the legal sense equally as any other person

Cyborgs who were not security cyborgs

Flash my Vaurca characters for fun

Cyborgs who were not security cyborgs

Flash my Vaurca characters for fun

These borgs are obviously breaking their laws and should be ahelped immediately.

Anyway, yeah.. Like one flash I think blinds a Vaurica. Like yesterday, I saw a borg cuff then flash a cult buggo but most of these start falling under valid hunting. I just think they should be ahelped on a case-by-case.

• 5 months later...