[2 Dismissal] Policy about who handles a ban appeal.

The norm right now is that usually the person who does the ban would handle the appeal as well. That works fine, they usually know the situation best since they did. However, I also think it can break the 'objectivity' of handling a ban appeal, when someone has a personal stake in it like being the banner. I think it'd be better to handle them like staff complaints are handled, with another staff member taking it on and the banning staff member giving their story and responses. This is as opposed to having to make a staff complaint if one feels slighted by the way their ban appeal was handled by the person that banned them, if that isn't really a possibility in the first place.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

from what I have seen ban appeals tend to be accepted anyway unless the person was a huge butt about it. Garn especially seems to barely read appeals before just unbanning them. Do you have any incidents where you think they were not objective?

The vast majority of ban appeals are very simple. Anytime there is even a shred of controversy it gets discussed in private in staff channels. The more problematic a player is the more the appeal gets discussed or the more opinions get asked for.

Garn especially seems to barely read appeals before just unbanning them.

I do read them. They are just very straight forward.

"i deserved this ban. i wont be a butt anymore"

"ok! great!"

The vast majority of ban appeals are very simple. Anytime there is even a shred of controversy it gets discussed in private in staff channels. The more problematic a player is the more the appeal gets discussed or the more opinions get asked for.

This right here in particular.

Ban appeals, more often than not, get tossed up in staff chat for us to notice it, and for the rest of us to look at it. I'm not saying that every ban appeal is 100% a collaborative effort, but what happens is that when it gets posted is that we all usually get a look at it and staff will chip in with their experiences. There have been some appeals that were discussed for days.

It's a process, usually, and it's relatively effective in making sure a player isn't getting biased into oblivion.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Garn especially seems to barely read appeals before just unbanning them.

I do read them. They are just very straight forward.

"i deserved this ban. i wont be a butt anymore"

"ok! great!"

LOL im not saying it's a problem, I'm making a comment on your leniency.

This right here in particular.

Ban appeals, more often than not, get tossed up in staff chat for us to notice it, and for the rest of us to look at it. I'm not saying that every ban appeal is 100% a collaborative effort, but what happens is that when it gets posted is that we all usually get a look at it and staff will chip in with their experiences. There have been some appeals that were discussed for days.

It's a process, usually, and it's relatively effective in making sure a player isn't getting biased into oblivion.

Essentially this. The divide between ban appeals and staff complaints is intentional.

Voting for dismissal.