[2 Dismissal] Prevent Cyborgs from becoming IPCs [Binned: 02/04/2018]

Ok have a seat let me set the stage...

A person commonly plays a cyborg named C.A.R.L (not an actual person, just made it up) and becomes well known OOCly

The Person eventually gets a IPC white-list accepted and changes C.A.R.L from a awesome cyborg to a IPC, for little reason.

Ok with that lame example aside, the point I am trying to get at is that some people are using the cyborg role as "training wheels" for IPC, and when they get their IPC white-list accepted they make their cyborg a IPC for no reason RP wise (why would NanoTrasen need to upgrade their cyborg to a IPC that requires payment?). Overall I have a way to fix this;

Cyborgs are not permitted to be changed into a IPC character, they are to remain a cyborg.

This will encourage more creativity with IPC characters rather than "I am a cyborg you know that is now a IPC." and will allow for new characters, with new quirks and backgrounds.

This has been something people have been complaining about for a while now, but the biggest issue with it is the fact that many very old IPC characters were originally stationbounds. Changing this in any way essentially asks for those people to change their entire backstory, and reasonably would needlessly upset them. Me and Cake are working on way for this to make at least some sense, but adding this as a rule when it hasn't been for years is sure to cause more trouble than it is worth in my opinion.

The difference I believe, is that usually those characters aren’t just “let free” but are bought from the corporation by engineers and others that they have worked with closely.

While it may be a bit cheesy I wouldn’t call that grounds for a ban.

To clarify ; "cyborg" in this circumstance I had assumed was just a general reference to station bounds (namely androids). If you mean literal cyborgs turning into IPCs, no. That is a case where you would ahelp, as an organic "processor hooked up to a machine" as Schev put it makes zero sense to suddenly become a positronic.

This has been something people have been complaining about for a while now, but the biggest issue with it is the fact that many very old IPC characters were originally stationbounds. Changing this in any way essentially asks for those people to change their entire backstory, and reasonably would needlessly upset them. Me and Cake are working on way for this to make at least some sense, but adding this as a rule when it hasn't been for years is sure to cause more trouble than it is worth in my opinion.

Make it a new rule starting now to prevent any more buildup?

Make it a new rule starting now to prevent any more buildup?

It'd be difficult to do it in a way that makes any sense, especially considering the fact that we're working on a way to rationalize it rather than completely remove the possibility.

Not adding this as a rule. Kyres cited that the synth lore team is working on reforming this aspect of the lore to be more fitting and I won't overrule them in this case by adding a rule that would more or less infringe on their work.

Voting for dismissal.

Who cares, at this point? Android-to-IPC can provide RP and backstory for a characcter, and be somewhat entertaining, and I remember seeing pAI to IPC also being handled somewhat well.

Most Cyborgs who say that they 'are transformed' into IPCs don't make a huge deal out of it anyways.

A hack solution to this would be to say that any in-game canon that a cyborg character made is erased/reset when they become an IPC. So people act like they haven't met them before, etc. Because making your cyborg character into an IPC is functionally no different from erasing your cyborg and making a "new" character who just happens to have the same quirks and label on it...

This respects the progress that has been made by current IPCs that used to be cyborgs, and it solves the lore problem of future cyborg-IPC conversions by striking their cyborg history from canon.

• 2 weeks later...