[2 Dismissal] Fear of injury for IPCs

Ok I have seen a trend of IPCs acting like any damage they do can be cheaply fixed and that they should try to take damage to shield organics, this encourages non-sec IPCs to actively hinder antag activities much more than they should.

As such I propose having it so structurally weak IPCs (Accessory, Mobility, Baseline...maybe.) or maybe even all of the models are programmed to try to protect themselves even more than other crew due to financial losses of repairing IPCs.

This is something that can be easily fixed by having half-decent whitelistees. Instead of blanketing the problem by enforcing arbitrary "protect yourself" rules on people (which is already implied by the server rules), you and anyone else should be going to the related species maintainer (currently myself, with kyres1 as a deputy) when you see behavior from an IPC that you consider to be inappropriate.

Voting for dismissal.

I don't understand this. Why wouldn't an IPC put themselves in harm's way to protect a more fragile crewmember? They can survive almost anything shy of an EMP and hobble back to robotics for repairs whereas an organic would likely be incapacitated or killed by any number of factors. Obviously they shouldn't go to extreme lengths where they're taking on an entire army singlehandedly to save a captured janitor, but if they were put in a situation where they could take a bullet for an organic, why wouldn't they? Stationbounds are lawed to put their expensive selves on the line for even the lowliest of crew if the situation calls for it, so why should an IPC, a synthetic that has much higher leeway in that regard, be forced to preserve themselves even at the cost of others?

Leave it up to the individual character just like every other race is allowed to. Some IPCs will put themselves on the line for others, some won't.

This is something that can be easily fixed by having half-decent whitelistees. Instead of blanketing the problem by enforcing arbitrary "protect yourself" rules on people (which is already implied by the server rules), you and anyone else should be going to the related species maintainer (currently myself, with kyres1 as a deputy) when you see behavior from an IPC that you consider to be inappropriate.

Voting for dismissal.

Supporting this notion.

Voting for dismissal.