Character Feedback: Fernando Gonzales

Ferny is my oldest character, by far (my baby is almost two!). Ellie is a lot better known, so I get tons of feedback on her, but I was wondering what everyone thinks of Fernando? Specifically, do you think he is roleplayed well? What do you enjoy, what does he do that pisses you off immensely? Do you think he's a good CMO? A good doctor? (Those are different things, afterall.)

Thanks, I love you all. <3

So one of my distinctive memories working medbay is the siege (I.E Rev+Mercenaries) round where the rev-head was one of the doctors, and attempted to lead medbay into a revolt that attempted to beat Fernando to death in the hallway for being an asshole, and left you utterly crippled for the rest of the round as everyone began to come in with a disease that causes their lungs to pop. I actually hesitated before letting security into the back to help you.

From what I can tell on what you want people to think of the character, I don't mean that as an insult in the slightest.

Your character is pretty much Dr. House- snide, condescending, and (from what I've seen) above average in competency. While his personality does sorta make you question how he got the position of CMO, you play that personality perfectly- Fernando is a character I feel both excitement and a cold sweat to see arrive on the station as the CMO, and the fact that you manage to get a response from me says a lot about how well you play the role. I haven't seen too much from you OOC, but from what I have there is definitely a lot of disconnect between how you are in reality, versus the character you play- which is something I can't overstate as being a good thing, because it's the difference between feeling able to roleplay back when the time is right, and feeling afraid that if I do I'll see my name on a CCIA report here. You have facilitated the continuation of rounds in the past (Declaring the equipment faulty after it detected a recovering changeling was still alive even though they had no pulse, which kept the round from grinding to a complete halt with 2/3 of the changelings captured), and avoided metagaming to give yourself an advantage in the situation. You slip into a role as almost a soft-antagonist, not actively causing chaos and anarchy on the station, but still managing to brew enough tension towards the character each shift that it still makes the round interesting, even if the antag's actions are doing nothing to effect us at medbay.

• 5 months later...

7d6c834717.png

I don't play any medbay characters at the moment, but I know that when Gonzales is here, there's at least one competent doctor aboard should the worst come to pass. Like the entire escape shuttle suddenly being vented and everyone dying in their seats. Yup, we should all be dead.

Then comes Gonzales with a hypo and he saves a dozen lives because he knows what he's doing.

I'll definitely give you that; you know how medical works. And I feel like because of that, his personality would clash with anyone that does something really dumb. And that's good, because it makes characters want to give their all when he's around. If they don't, well. As seen above, "he doesn't have any other list."

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

One of my first memories of the CMO is when I was playing security, a large firefight was going on and people were dying. Two officers were still engaged with the enemy when Gonzales walks up the ladders with a chem grenade of Chloral and knocks everyone on their ass.
My AI character NEXUS - whom was previously a pAI cat - has taken a liking to him and, once installed into the core, has always ensured that (other than the captain) the CMO is always highest priority on the station.

Gonzales is played well, and is possibly one of the most hated IC characters on the station, or at least many of my friends would say so. I have always had a fondness for him and his dry and harsh way of dealing with things. One of my favorite characters on the station aside from Seth Ramos (Engineer main... Biases can not be avoided.)

• 1 month later...

While I haven't had much direct interaction with them, what I have has been enjoyable, overall a well-put together character. One thought that I would have for constructive criticism, would be to try to come up with some interesting or quirky antag-gimmicks. Most of the antag-gimmicks I've seen Fernando do were *interesting* but I'm not sure if they involved as many people as they could. ?‍♂️

Other than that, +1