Animals

[REDACTED]

Question

8 answers to this question

I do know we've had some people get pets from the merchant and walk them around on occasion. [mention]Brutishcrab51[/mention] can speak for himself better than I, for he has bought/brought a few around while I was playing. However, I don't know how bringing those pets on station work. Furthermore I have to ask: Why are you bringing you pet on station? Do you plan to do while visiting or while working?

Hm, some people are attached to their pets and take them wherever they go. And some people actually take their pets to work if it’s allowed also even though it’s a research station not everyone on the station actually does something that deals with research, for example cargo tech, bartender etc but I do understand where you’re coming from like if you’re a medical doctor or a researcher you wouldn’t bring a pet for obvious reasons but Ethan is a security officer but he would only bring his pet when he’s off-duty

During my time playing, I've had a character purchase three pets from the Merchant while on-station.

They last for no longer than that round, and become a permanent part of the character's home life after the fact. Something to mention and take care of, not show off in a corporate environment. There is zero reason to bring animals onto the Aurora unless they're already there, or you buy them (see: Corgis and Cats from Cargo).

Animals that follow orders follow the Attack/Follow/Stay format of commands that the HoS's dog uses, and if you want a dog that follows commands and doesn't just get dragged around, that'd be able to be used as a weapon (Like the HoS's dog), and that'd probably be a no-no.

In that same thought process, having a simple-mob animal that doesn't follow commands would be detrimental to the point of a Custom Item, you'd have a harder time carrying it around and it'd all but disappear from your thoughts in over half the events occurring on the server.