About unban request rules, and Forum bans.

Mogelix

Question

3 answers to this question

You're allowed to make another appeal.

If they tell you to not make an appeal before a specific date, then you should wait for that date to finish.

You're allowed to appeal as many times as you want unless specifically told you're not allowed to, which is very rare.

You can effectively make a large amount of appeals but there's no guarantee they'll be accepted every time. Never feel like you shouldn't bother with an unban request unless it's a perma with a required reapply date.

These seem to only be added in case you really 'impress' an administrator by being abrasive in asking to be unbanned. The big rule to note is that ban appeals are to accept responsibility, not deflect it. Staff complaints are for that in order to contest such things, unless the banning staff member is no longer staff.

Hey, I've been banned for a while now and I've put up a failed unban request. Does the rule that states that all verdicts are final mean I shouldn't even bother making another request? Do I risk a forum ban? If so that would suck.

The rule in question is primarily to discourage argumentative conduct. Typically this includes pestering the admin staff after they've told you to stop and move on. Appeals, outside of special circumstance, are obviously not covered by this. As appealing is not negative conduct.