Uniforms and violations to it

Faris

Question

It's becoming quite common for people to switch out their position jumpsuit and grabbing other stuff, be it some normal clothing or other jump suits. This is something I've always had trouble as certain uniforms are there to signify something.

I'll give an example. A paramedic is wearing something that either is not the paramedic jumpsuit or is wearing say a hoodie, which requires verification of ID to be sure of his job. So he respond to the call to a brig, he arrives to the lobby and people see him but don't let him in until they know he's a paramedic, so he is delayed from responding. This would lead to injuries worsening or the one in distress expiring. This could've been avoided if they saw the uniform and let him in straight away.

So my question is, what actions as a normal employee ((Not a head)) can I do if I see a co-worker not wearing proper clothing or not abiding by hair regulations? And what can I as a head of staff do if they do not follow my orders, aside from calling security for an infraction?

1 answer to this question

For reference, here's an IC posting on uniform regulations from CCIA:

https://forums.aurorastation.org/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=5539#p55288

There have been various complaints regarding crewmembers walking around half-naked, with their jumpsuits rolled down and revealing bare chests, or bras. We are disappointed to hear that what's supposed to be a professional work environment is being sullied by personnel that are violating uniform safety regulations, and bordering on sexual harassment by revealing parts of their bodies other crewmembers do not want to see. As a result, on March 15, 2458, we have enacted a new uniform regulation:

All persons aboard any and all NanoTrasen vessels, employed, contracted, visitor, or otherwise, must not roll down their jumpsuits, or must keep their shirts on if their department does not utilize or require jumpsuits. The following job roles and/or departments require jumpsuits:

- Engineering. Jumpsuits cannot be rolled down due to safety regulations. Any persons whom are injured by machinery or equipment due to loose-hanging clothing will not be covered under NanoTrasen insurance policies.

- Medical. Jumpsuits OR Scrubs are required if you are handling and treating patients, chemicals, or viruses. Failure to wear proper, sterilized clothing may result in malpractice (Neglect of Duty under corporate infractions, possible manslaughter) charges. Jumpsuits must make you easily identifiable as a member of the medical department. Colored labcoats are fine under regulation, as long as they are kept clean.

- Research. Jumpsuits are required if you are handling chemicals, plasma, xenobiology, xenoarchaelogy, or xenobotany. Robotics and R&D equipment hold the same uniform requirements as engineering. Other roles may substitute scrubs if preferred. Colored labcoats are fine under regulation, as long as they are kept clean.

- Security. Jumpsuit uniforms must be worn at all times to make you easily identifiable as a member of the security department.

Certain exceptions exist for certain conditions:

- Tajaran crewmembers. Due to their fur, and repeatedly stated concerns of physical health, Tajaran crewmembers will hold an exception to the jumpsuit regulation. However, they must wear a tshirt, tanktop, or otherwise unrevealing undershirt. Tajaran personnel in the medical department, or that are handling chemicals, plasma, xenobiology, xenoarchaelogy, or xenobotany do not fall under this exception and are recommended to wear light-weight scrubs. Tajaran personnel in the engineering department, Robotics, or R&D will not be covered by NanoTrasen insurance policies if they are injured due to loose-hanging clothing.

- Personnel utilizing the holodeck's beach or desert simulations will be allowed to wear appropriate clothing for such simulations (Bathing suits, lighter clothing, etc), but must return to standard uniforms once their holodeck break has ended.

It was also decided back then that violations would fall under failure to execute an order, though that wasn't officially posted anywhere so I'm not sure if that actually stuck.

The best option would be to inform security, remind them of the above CCIA regulation, and if it's a consistant issue and you're a head of staff, send a fax in.