Tau Ceti politics

XChrisUnknownX

Question

Understood from the lore biesel is a puppet of nt but it is currently fairly difficult to piece together who the major players are from our forums.

1. I believe we had biesel elections sometime ago. Who is the leader of Biesel? Perhaps character and forum name.

2. We have an entire board devoted to mendell's leadership and how it works, but the actual people in these spots, or npc characters, are fairly ambiguous and impossible to really bring up in normal convo. Who's running the show player wise?

3. Does New Gibson have any simple leadership structure? It's the second hub of Tau Ceti and seems important enough to give a once over on its structure.

4. More philosophical. How do we get more involved in playing out the politics game so what's happening on the forums and politics translates into the game story more? Is this going on already? What board?

Upping my activity after a long pause. Trying to locate all of what I missed.

2 answers to this question

Understood from the lore biesel is a puppet of nt but it is currently fairly difficult to piece together who the major players are from our forums.

1. I believe we had biesel elections sometime ago. Who is the leader of Biesel? Perhaps character and forum name.

2. We have an entire board devoted to mendell's leadership and how it works, but the actual people in these spots, or npc characters, are fairly ambiguous and impossible to really bring up in normal convo. Who's running the show player wise?

3. Does New Gibson have any simple leadership structure? It's the second hub of Tau Ceti and seems important enough to give a once over on its structure.

4. More philosophical. How do we get more involved in playing out the politics game so what's happening on the forums and politics translates into the game story more? Is this going on already? What board?

Upping my activity after a long pause. Trying to locate all of what I missed.

1. We've had two elections in the last year and a bit, one just took place last month. Federal elections were run by Jackboot, for purely lore and in the background effect. The leader of The Republic of Biesel, on the federal level, is Joseph Dorn, he is an NPC for lore.

The elections you are probably referring to here in your post, are the Mendell City elections. Mendell City is the capital of the Republic of Biesel, and houses 18 million citizens, as well as NanoTrasen's headquarters. The 11 Councillors elected in this election are real players, and a list will be published soon with their names and forum information. The Councillors are led by the Mayor, Mofo1995, and his character, Gleb Plyushkin

2. This board will become more active as Council begins to get it's grounds, as a new function it's taking some time to setup. Overall, I am the Player Organizer of Mendell City Council on an OOC level, and handle the forum side of things, and until last night, I also had Discord Control. I am slowly giving Mofo1995 control over things, and will eventually cede full control to him, as he is the Mayor and will be able to administrate as he wishes. I will still be around for vetoing things and ensuring that Council does not destroy itself. In the end however, as Loremaster, Senpai Jackboot maintains full executive control and veto over the entire group.

3. New Gibson is not under my command, but it falls under the same federation as the Republic of Biesel, so they share the same federal government. State government would be the only thing that exists over there, as well as probably a Planetary Governor. Municipalities would resemble what is on Biesel.

4. If you want to get involved, PM Mofo1995, or me, and ask how you can get involved. Presently all the Councillors roles are full, but we are looking for a roleplay 'Medical Officer of Health' as well as someone who is willing to conduct actual job duties, and fulfill the 'City Clerk' position. Otherwise, you can approach any City Councillor to ask to become their secretary or a staffer.

Our actions and such will effect lore as the Council progresses.