'''Relations''' onboard the station

Zundy

Question

After almost being the victim of a forced ERP session it got me thinking:

Is it ok to "fade to black" a sexual encounter in game (as cringy as that is), or is this a rule breaker? Example:

--

Dave McDynamo: "I've...I've always loved you."

Lucy Le Luscious: "And I my love, have always loved you!"

Dave McDynamo goes to kiss Lucy.

Lucy Le Luscious lets Dave kiss her.

LOOC Lucy Le Luscious: I take it they'd sleep with each other?

LOOC Dave McDynamo: Yeah sure. Fade to black it.

Lucy Le Luscious gets up from the bed and puts her clothes back on.

Dave McDynamo gets up and does the same.

Dave McDynamo: "Will I ever see you again?"

Lucy Le Luscious: "Pfft no!"

Lucy Le Luscious walks away laughing.

--

Thoughts?

11 answers to this question

No. Characters on-station should not be whoring themselves with each other. They should all be decent enough to not sex each other on their first meeting or to do it off-station after they get to know each other. This "fade to black" thing is very close to meta-ERP through Skype or something.

The "meta ERP going to quickly hop on skype and jack it" is a moot point as you could do that anyway. Two guys meet up at the bar, say "hi" and alt-tab for a hot steamy session on skype or whatever. Also I appreciate that from an employers perspective, you don't want your employees making sweet sweet love goo at work, hell, you don't want them kissing or showing any romantic relations because you're at work, do some fucking work.

However, I personally have movie star kissed my now wife at work years ago because fuck the police "I'm in love" etc etc. I also know of many, many people who have had sex/fooled around at work as well. In my case I got spoken to by my supervisor (don't do that again) and in the latter cases people just didn't know/the supervisor was the one doing/getting it. Hell in my case I only got spoken to because I did it infront of customers because I was a twat.

Obviously no one wants the 'nuzzles me gently' brigade chain fucking their way across the round but that's just shit RP and should be dealt with by the administration. What about a romantic affair that just boils over? Yes they could take if off station and say it happened inbetween rounds just like anything that happens IG right now, however surely it's more fun to have that risk? To have the chance that the HoS is going to barge in on the two lovers and lose his shit? To be picked up on the cam's and be called into the HoP's office?

There's obviously a line in the sand that shouldn't be crossed. A kiss fading to black is one thing, but we don't want to see people getting cuffed to a chair, pants pulled down and then whipped with a cable coil whilst they desperately PDA for help :^)

I mean it doesn't matter so much to me as I have no characters involved in anything like this, purely just a question to see where everyone (but mainly the admin team) stands on the idea.

This is ok.

LOOC Lucy Le Luscious: I take it they'd sleep with each other?

LOOC Dave McDynamo: Yeah sure. Fade to black it.

Take this to private comms.

Lucy Le Luscious gets up from the bed and puts her clothes back on.

Dave McDynamo gets up and does the same.

Dave McDynamo: "Will I ever see you again?"

Lucy Le Luscious: "Pfft no!"

Lucy Le Luscious walks away laughing.

No.

EDIT: If your chars sit next to each other in the bar and you want to moan in each others ears over private comms, we couldn't care less, as long as you don't do it on the server.

While the nature of SS13 IC wise means that people will form relationships, and this is not discouraged at all by NT, It is discouraged to be procreating on station. Thats a waste of company time. You're allowed you break times to go hang out in the bar or locker rooms or whatever and enjoy some off duty leisure, but fucking in the operating room while Aliums murder everyone outside is definitely not what NT wants you to be doing with your time.

The rounds we play in are not the only time our characters are on station. You gotta think about how the round is the shift where things ((Usually)) Go tits up and everyone is in an emergency situation. All the other times we are on station its just a normal shift. During the rounds we take control of our characters, do you think our employers want us to be fucking in the back rooms while the Captain is held at gunpoint by a terrorist organization?

TL;DR

Have a relationship, don't have a fuck buddy.

Yeaaaah keep this stuff off-station. Making callbacks to it IC should be fine though ("I had a great time last night.") if you don't go into detail. If you really want to build on the relationship, ask for their byond/discord key in LOOC and discuss things in private chat. Trust me, I've done this, it's a foolproof way. Unless you're foolproof-proof fool.

So to put it to bed :^) we all agree that:

---

Discord Chat - Itzal: Fade to black?

Discord Chat - Skull132: Sure thing.

Dave McDynamo: "I need to get back to work my love, when will I see you again?"

Lucy Le Luscious: "Stop by my place after work and we'll continue this with...light refreshment."

---

Is a 100% cringe-but-state mandated interaction and will ensure no ban hammers will befall any part involed?

Discord Chat - Itzal: Fade to black?

Discord Chat - Skull132: Sure thing.

---

Is a 100% cringe-but-state mandated interaction and will ensure no ban hammers will befall any part involed?

Correct. As in everything you said in that post. I just wanted to single out the funniest part of it.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

It's really gross.

We cannot and should not care about what transpires in private communications but there is a red line. No matter your job or level of relationship with another character you should keep it low-key while on-station.