Corporate Regulations

UnknownMurder

Question

Should the Captain and Head of Security follow the Corporate Regulations? The answer is obviously yes. If your answer was no, then you should not be playing in those positions. Which brings me to the next controversial question. This might spark a debate but I want to see what you have opinions on this matter, though it may appear as obvious answer to everyone.

If one thing is not listed in the Corporate Regulations, should you go-ahead and do it and toe every lines in the Corporate Regulations? Don't tell me it depends on the character/player.

Example Scenario:

Once upon a time, a shaft miner was in the bar drinking and decided to vandalize the bar machine, and ended up being arrested for only vandalism. Shaft miner does it again and repeated offense. Shift is over. Shaft miner becomes notorious for breaking vending machines over the rounds but no one files an Incident Report. Shaft miner breaks bar machine. Security Officer takes him to processing room. Shaft miner does not have repulsive or violent attitude. Head of Security charges Shaft Miner vandalism and 4 counts of repeated offense then lands him in solitary cell.

When you look to Corporate Regulations, the only charges for vandalism is up to 10 minutes in total and/or demotion. I know this is a funny question but controversial. Should the Head of Security punish Shaft Miner for repeated offense over shifts. Taking the punishment for solitary cell into consideration that Suicide Attempt is the only permitted course of action. Should the Head of Security push him Solitary Cell whereas the Corporate Regulations does not lists it?

To the point, should the Captain or Head of Security be able to use authority or power to limit the prisoner's rights/privileges or take them away because it is not listed in the Corporate Regulations. Consider this to be the opposite of the Ninth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. I don't have to remind you to be factual.

7 answers to this question

As per regulation, solitary confinement should only ever used in one of these three scenarios:

1.) The prisoner has attempted or succeeded in escaping from the communal brig/his cell

2.) The prisoner has attempted suicide (They also need to be monitored closely in this situation)

3.) The prisoner is a threat to any other prisoners in the communal brig

The head of security taking prior occurrences into account is a grey area and I'd say it depends on /how/ he takes them into account. As per the regulation, repeated cases of vandlism should result in a demotion, not in solitary confinement or permanent brigging. I'd also personally say that repeat offenses should only apply to a single shift. Why? Because it is a head of staff's responsibility to report consistant issues with crewmembers to CCIA with an incident report, or at the very least, an in-round fax sent to CCIA while someone's online (And I'd personally tell them to file an incident report in most cases).

The things to consider here aren't just the IC regulations, but also OOC. It's a real dick move for security to throw someone in solitary permanently just because they're breaking into vending machines, even if it's a 'repeat offense'.

Your English started taking a mahoosive dip at the towards the latter half your post. Which makes understanding your question difficult.

But I think I get the gist of it. General point, as Sierra said, escalating to permabrig like that is extremely bad form. Get creative, try injuctions, discussions, etcetera. Maybe stab him a little if you're a traitor. Or just report him to CCIAA. Basically, think non-judicial punishment.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Regulations already have additional punishments for repeat offenses. The Head of Security is loyalty implanted and is meant to be the foil against literally this behavior. Being a tough guy by-the-books HoS means you give them the maximum in regulations.

As per regulation, solitary confinement should only ever used in one of these three scenarios:

1.) The prisoner has attempted or succeeded in escaping from the communal brig/his cell

2.) The prisoner has attempted suicide (They also need to be monitored closely in this situation)

3.) The prisoner is a threat to any other prisoners in the communal brig

The head of security taking prior occurrences into account is a grey area and I'd say it depends on /how/ he takes them into account. As per the regulation, repeated cases of vandlism should result in a demotion, not in solitary confinement or permanent brigging. I'd also personally say that repeat offenses should only apply to a single shift. Why? Because it is a head of staff's responsibility to report consistant issues with crewmembers to CCIA with an incident report, or at the very least, an in-round fax sent to CCIA while someone's online (And I'd personally tell them to file an incident report in most cases).

The things to consider here aren't just the IC regulations, but also OOC. It's a real dick move for security to throw someone in solitary permanently just because they're breaking into vending machines, even if it's a 'repeat offense'.

But I think I get the gist of it. General point, as Sierra said, escalating to permabrig like that is extremely bad form. Get creative, try injuctions, discussions, etcetera. Maybe stab him a little if you're a traitor. Or just report him to CCIAA. Basically, think non-judicial punishment.

So, I've thought so. Good to know that I saw Head of Security breaking Corporate Regulations for this particular similar thing and a Moderator said that this was not the case.

Oh well. I'll be sure to remind that moderator.

So, I've thought so. Good to know that I saw Head of Security breaking Corporate Regulations for this particular similar thing and a Moderator said that this was not the case.

Oh well. I'll be sure to remind that moderator.

Staff complaint or talk to the moderator's superior instead. Chain of command exists for a reason, and there may be circumstances you're not aware of.