The Tesla Engine

Guest Complete Garbage

Question

Guest Complete Garbage

e911803ef420510b289980226da1dfd3.png

So, I tried setting up the Tesla on a private server, and the result is shown in the spoiler above.

I'm pretty sure my setup there is terrible, and I'm just curious as to how Tesla engines are supposed to be done.

Additionally: What are the orbitals and how do they work?

6 answers to this question

I'm pretty sure that you are not supposed to put tesla coils inside the containment grid. Just surround the containment field with tesla coils linked to the power line, the more the merrier.Also, keeping the particle accelerator online will cause the tesla matrix (Think that's the official name) to grow and have more balls orbit around it, which will cause it to discharge more frequently and strongly into the tesla coils.

I am not sure what "orbitals" you're talking about,I assume you mean the energy balls that revolve around the main ball.

Guest Complete Garbage
I'm pretty sure that you are not supposed to put tesla coils inside the containment grid. Just surround the containment field with tesla coils linked to the power line, the more the merrier.Also, keeping the particle accelerator online will cause the tesla matrix (Think that's the official name) to grow and have more balls orbit around it, which will cause it to discharge more frequently and strongly into the tesla coils.

I am not sure what "orbitals" you're talking about,I assume you mean the energy balls that revolve around the main ball.

Yes, I did mean the energy balls orbiting the main one. And the containment field seemed to keep the main energy ball contained, but alright. Is there ever a point at which the tesla engine will go big rnough that something bad will happen, or is there a hardlimit to its growth, or can it just keep expanding forever and ever?

Yes, I did mean the energy balls orbiting the main one. And the containment field seemed to keep the main energy ball contained, but alright. Is there ever a point at which the tesla engine will go big rnough that something bad will happen, or is there a hardlimit to its growth, or can it just keep expanding forever and ever?

I don't know much about the tesla engine,so don't take this seriously, but the TG-station wiki says that the tesla ball will discharge energy into nearby machinery. This MIGHT include nearby emitters that keep the field generators powered. However, they will not be hit if there are tesla coils attracting the electricity(The coils will divert half of the energy to another nearby object, hopefully it is another tesla coil). In OOC during a round,someone said that they got the engine to have forty balls orbiting it, so I am not sure if it will stop growing.