Telesci maths

Saudus

Question

The lack of info on the underlying telesci maths is driving me crazy. I know the code was taken from TG and was then modified to some degree. I've been told it's now a "three dimensional throw" rather than 2d, but not entirely sure what that means to be honest. I studied engineering for two years ish (was a few years ago now however), so the maths isn't over my head and I made this spreadsheet for auto-calculating https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X_p2zeFV5za6b2jyw-0Wad1fX0QELRqVRYYKCJPiw8A/edit?usp=sharing . I've been operating on the theory that the necessary elevation could be modified with a constant to fit with the new calculations, and initially found it to be 1/(2.5^2) during testing. That was just for that individual target however, and the error seems to increase with range.

Pretty please admin and coder overlords, have pity on this poor soul and share the maths with me.

Also, on an unrelated note, why does the door at (91, 94, 4) in science autopsy room need different clearance than scientist's to open?

4 answers to this question

If anybody else comes here wondering the same thing as I did, Skull told me in a PM that we are basically not meant to know the formula. So experimentation it is.

To correct you. You can know the formula. You just gotta figure it out yourself.

And we may will change it if calculators ever become as prolific as they were before. So be careful who you trust.

If anybody else comes here wondering the same thing as I did, Skull told me in a PM that we are basically not meant to know the formula. So experimentation it is.

To correct you. You can know the formula. You just gotta figure it out yourself.

And we may will change it if calculators ever become as prolific as they were before. So be careful who you trust.

Sorry, meant that we are not meant to have the formula given to us. Rather than it being forbidden to find out what it is or something.