Good RP to charge for services?

CPTCoffee

Question

I played chef yesterday and wasn't too sure whether I should be charging for meals or leaving out a tip jar? Overheard some medical workers charging patients for their services. Is it good RP to charge for most services conducted or are there some departments where you shouldn't ask for payment?

8 answers to this question

A great thing to do if you plan to charge for the food in the kitchen/bar is to either:

Ask permission from the HoP, if none then the Captain. (saying something about it or part of it will be "going into the station account" (i.e. RP that, you just take all the money and we pretend it's deposited)

Or put something in your employment records that you are an independent chef/whatever and that Nanotrasen has outsourced the kitchen to you/your company.

A great thing to do if you plan to charge for the food in the kitchen/bar is to either:

Ask permission from the HoP, if none then the Captain. (saying something about it or part of it will be "going into the station account" (i.e. RP that, you just take all the money and we pretend it's deposited)

Or put something in your employment records that you are an independent chef/whatever and that Nanotrasen has outsourced the kitchen to you/your company.

There are, and always have been, station accounts to charge too. Ask your Head of Staff.