EPTOS scanner for dummies

ben10083

Question

5 answers to this question

Guest Complete Garbage

The EFTPOS scanner is kind of unintuitive to use, but is pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

You get a paper with it that has your ERPFETUS code on it along with the scanner.

You need to lock in a transaction before the ETPOFS can be used to transfer credits between accounts.

Just input the number of the destination account and the amount of money to transfer into the ECKFUTOS interface. Then lock the transaction, and tell your customer to swipe their ID on the EEPNOS scanner and confirm the transaction. To unlock the transaction without payment, you need to enter your FUTAERP code from the paper into the scanner. Make sure you use your department account number (ask the HoP for it) or else the captain will yell at you for stealing. Congratulations, you are now ready to use your FATONOS scanner.

Now when charging for cargo crates is this system good? You add a 0 to the end of the amount of cargo points it costs, and that is what it costs to the person. (10 points= 100 credits) The person can either pay with their personnel account or get the form stamped by a head which means the department the head is leading has to fit the bill. (HoS stamp = uses security funds)

Guest Complete Garbage

Charging for personal orders is fine, but charging for departmental orders isn't really profitable in any way. It's just shifting money from one station account to the other, and I don't really see why NT would do it. It's really up to the HoP/Captain though, so ask either of them if there is one around. In my opinion, though, you should only charge for orders that don't have a head's stamp/signature attached.

Charging for personal orders is fine, but charging for departmental orders isn't really profitable in any way. It's just shifting money from one station account to the other, and I don't really see why NT would do it. It's really up to the HoP/Captain though, so ask either of them if there is one around. In my opinion, though, you should only charge for orders that don't have a head's stamp/signature attached.

Not true as of now - Ordering from outside sources exists.