Re: Just like the Ask a Mod/Admin thread, but for CCIA!

If it is a moderate or severe IC crime not related to antag involvement. Security should be able to present convincing evidence, not just oh so and so did this I was told by 'X' when requested if a complaint is filed with an IAA or any head of staff aboard that shift. It would be regarded as false imprisonment and illegal detention. A officer can arrest you in the act (But will still need to leave a recorded statement of what they saw after the fact). But if it is hearsay. They are expected to collect evidence and witness statements during your before (Enough to bring you in) and during processing (Anything remaining or conflicts you bring to light).

>>>Especially given sec records carry over now.<<<

There has been a rise in the need for better security work. Any heads of staff or IAA who refuses to promptly evaluate all evidence in a complaint of false imprisonment in round without extremely good reason will face possible suspension or outright removal of their command access.
And security are likewise expected to supply it upon request. And suspension for sec staff will be common for anyone who cannot meet a requested reasonable burden of proof.
"This is Captain Hawkins of the NSS Exodus. Your Custodial ERT just breached a hostile location with a mop and cleaning grenades, I need him removed from my station instantly."

I agree, because one shift I sorte of started selling herbs(dried herbs that had hullicigenecs in them) security arrested me, and presented with an arrest warrent, but they had no statments, no evidance to show what so ever and back the arrest, even when asked about the proofs they had when my character was in processing they said they were collecting it and didn't have it yet. but they somehow know I'm doing it but don't have sufficient proof. I mean this leaves a big gap for abuse and poor RP so it does need to be addressed. and some steps in arrested procedure must be cleared up.

I'm pretty sure that was a revolution round and security was purposefully acting up. If they weren't, IAAs everywhere should be having coniptions.

Here's one for CCIA: Has the organization ever nakedly abused its power for the memes, and if so, how?
Player of: Zahra Karimi - Jennifer Beal - Rez Adesida - Reina Kikuchi - Reza El-Tahir
Have questions about CCIA? Feel free to ask!
Spoiler:

I don't know of us ever nakedly abusing power.
We have memed and possible toyed with the limits for fun. e.g.
Toxins test rated at a [quip]/10 announcements
Some of the rev round announcements
Installed an unstable bluespace spam fax filter(Letting Admins BSA) emergency message abusers for sending memes. This includes a CCIA and an ERT Leader.
"This is Captain Hawkins of the NSS Exodus. Your Custodial ERT just breached a hostile location with a mop and cleaning grenades, I need him removed from my station instantly."

Return to “General”