Moral treatment of antags, anyone?

So, Vampire round, I get vampire, Long story short, I get caught , and then people start dissecting me. First, they surgically remove my eyes, then they open me up, and all the while, they keep me cuffed and buckled down, Eyeless, radio gone, Being used as a sick lab experiment. Which brings up a discussion. Why doesn't anyone enforce the law for the treatment of antagonists? Is it just a normal thing?

Guest Menown

You're a vampire. The moment someone considers you of xenobiological interest, you're totally fucked.

Mostly incorrect. First Contact Protocol still applies.

https://forums.aurorastation.org/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=6678

If the vampire isn't outright harmless, there are several steps that need to be taken, but considering the species itself is sentient in origin, starting by performing tests on it seems like a bad move.

You're a vampire. The moment someone considers you of xenobiological interest, you're totally fucked.

If the vampire isn't outright harmless, there are several steps that need to be taken, but considering the species itself is sentient in origin, starting by performing tests on it seems like a bad move.

The rounded ended with the Captain being forced to order lethal measures to contain them as a threat. All the actions that round were valid as I presided over it.

Guest Menown

The rounded ended with the Captain being forced to order lethal measures to contain them as a threat. All the actions that round were valid as I presided over it.

That's fine, then. I'm all for taking care of a hostile creature. I think that's part of First Contact Protocol anyway.

I'm just saying if the person isn't being outright malicious in what it's trying to do, maybe don't sit it down in a bed and pick apart its body for two hours.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

I mean if you're going to split hairs enough to reference the first contact protocol you should keep in mind it dead-ass says to get consent from registered sentient creatures. Vampires are still human. "Do you consent to the removal of your eyes?"

Guest Menown

I mean if you're going to split hairs enough to reference the first contact protocol you should keep in mind it dead-ass says to get consent from registered sentient creatures. Vampires are still human. "Do you consent to the removal of your eyes?"

If the species is using said eyes to flash you repeatedly, and blindfolding them doesn't work, removal seems to be the only option.

One could argue a vampires sentience. An undead monster of superhuman proportion, using keen predatorial skills to Stalk its prey. Is a vampire sentient? Or is it only doing what it needs for its next meal, least we forget what happens if it doesnt indulge itself. I think that a propper example of a first contact with a sentient being would be, well, first contact with any of our playable speicies.

"Do you consent to having your mandible is removed? "

"No, Zzzzir."

Edit: inb4 veil stuff.

Honestly, like a lot of things, I think it’s more about the people you try to interact with. I sympathize with you as an antagonist but I was playing as Tokash that round and walked into the brig lobby to find you munching on the warden in plain view. It should probably be assumed that most sec officers won’t bother discussing the finer details. Continuously flashing us after capture doesn’t help your case.

Guest Menown

Sentience and sapience do not guarantee rights. Sorry.

Keep in mind, the protocol you've written dictates that you're to LEGALLY acquire a specimen for testing. Kidnapping and taking apart a non-registered sentient species during first contact could potentially start a war if the creature is non-hostile.

If you're going to establish a death penalty for just being alien, you're going to get every single vampire flashing you constantly to escape what's essentially a death penalty, which is only going to encourage them to remain hostile.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Doesnt matter if theyre human. I WROTE the protocol. Youre citing the opposite of what it says to justify torturing someone as a nonantag.

In this specific instance removing the eyeballs seems ok if they were being a massive pain in the butt with it but like come on.

Guest Menown

Doesnt matter if theyre human. I WROTE the protocol. Youre citing the opposite of what it says to justify torturing someone as a nonantag.

In this specific instance removing the eyeballs seems ok if they were being a massive pain in the butt with it but like come on.

I'm not trying to justify torturing. I'm trying to justify not taking an antag out of the round just because they're an alien species. Claiming vampires have no rights despite the fact they're sentient species is a slippery slope that's only going to force more antags to kill on sight because OOCly the player will know they're fucked if caught.

If the antag is a known threat, and is constantly harassing by means of flashing, stinging, whatever, then go ahead and protect yourself and get them to containment and find out how to prevent them from doing whatever they're doing, but going out of your way to put baby in a corner is just ending the conflict and securing a valid.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

I'm not trying to justify torturing. I'm trying to justify not taking an antag out of the round just because they're an alien species. Claiming vampires have no rights despite the fact they're sentient species is a slippery slope that's only going to force more antags to kill on sight because OOCly the player will know they're fucked if caught.

If the antag is a known threat, and is constantly harassing by means of flashing, stinging, whatever, then go ahead and protect yourself and get them to containment and find out how to prevent them from doing whatever they're doing, but going out of your way to put baby in a corner is just ending the conflict and securing a valid.

I agree.

This is pretty much the justification just about every time this happens. Sec doesn't go around proactively accusing people of being vampires and asking research to remove their eyeballs like they're the station gestapo.