New Tajara Lore Feedback Thread

Mofo1995

Hey everyone!

I've had deputies for a bit over a month now, and although news articles largely stalled for awhile, wiki content has exploded. The fashion and cuisine pages have rolled out with a total rework/expansion of the S'randmarr religion waiting for my review and approval. While my personal wiki work has been set aside this month as I am working on a hitherto unannounced non-Tajara lore related project, I wanted to take this time to check the winds and make sure we haven't sailed off course.

How do you feel about the new wiki content if you've read it?

How do you feel about the past few news articles?

Have my deputies and I been responsive and helpful to any lore questions you may have had?

How do you feel about the overall quality of Tajara lore?

Do you have any outstanding complaints not just about new lore, but about old lore which we can take into consideration or even possibly address?

Guest Marlon Phoenix

its cool but when Hotak finally going to propose and run off with Hro'rammhad and begin their new life as Nav'twir ranchers in the Nraz'l Mountains?

Guest Menown

Regarding the wiki, the DPRA is hopelessly left out of most things. It's painfully obvious that every sane person should be supporting the NKA, which is forcing a lot of development into them.

The clear lines of good, bad, and ambiguous makes for the entire conflict to be imo, dragging. Most of our players just want it to end.

I do however appreciate more fluff being added. Just once again there is little for the DPRA beyond "We don't really care about it, so we're leaving it ambiguous" such as is seen in the fashion and cuisine sections.

Regarding the wiki, the DPRA is hopelessly left out of most things. It's painfully obvious that every sane person should be supporting the NKA, which is forcing a lot of development into them.

The clear lines of good, bad, and ambiguous makes for the entire conflict to be imo, dragging. Most of our players just want it to end.

I do however appreciate more fluff being added. Just once again there is little for the DPRA beyond "We don't really care about it, so we're leaving it ambiguous" such as is seen in the fashion and cuisine sections.

The thing is, the DPRA, unlike the nka that is more focused in a region or the PRA that is trying to build a monolitic tajaran culture, is far more descentralized, and due to that, it is not really easy to write it as having a similar culture like the others, I will mostly likely expand the food section when the regional tajaran lore is complete, that will help in defining the ALA more. I did spend a lot of time trying to word and give something for people to work, at least in the cuisine section, of the DPRA, it is not because I don't care, but as I said, it is not easy due to the nature of the situation.

Now, each side has its own negatives and positives, and I do not think that we try to railroad the nka into being the good guys, as they have much issues as the other factions; such as being reactionaries, still believing in the importance of monarchy, being the underdogs and of course, birthright is still something of note in their society. I would also dislike if the conflict ended with one of the factions being destroyed/removed, because they allow for a lot of interesting things that the other species do not have.

I fell out of playing with my tajaran whitelist a long time ago unfortunately. The whole civil war just didn't resonate with me strongly and the progress was slow enough that I just got tired of following it. None of this is your fault, obviously. The writing is good and a lot of people obviously still play Tajaran, but something for me died about them awhile ago - maybe it's how some others play them (entitled, know it all assholes most of the time). I'm going to be trying to get back into it soon however.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

The egalitarian ethics of the ALA (pan-tajarahood where all Tajara are equal (except the njarir)) on top of their desire to see the planet fufill its potential are hampered by the fact they need to be the antagonists for the sake of the story. And by being antagonists, it is difficult to justify being a reasonable character who supports them on the Aurora.

Their decentralized nature does make them a bit amorphous. They are defending the extremely diverse and multicultural identities that the PRA seeks to obliterate for a monolithic culture. Thats a little hard to write about, but changing how we tackle that could work. For example, look at the frontier, tau ceti, and elyra.

The egalitarian ethics of the ALA (pan-tajarahood where all Tajara are equal (except the njarir)) on top of their desire to see the planet fufill its potential are hampered by the fact they need to be the antagonists for the sake of the story. And by being antagonists, it is difficult to justify being a reasonable character who supports them on the Aurora.

Their decentralized nature does make them a bit amorphous. They are defending the extremely diverse and multicultural identities that the PRA seeks to obliterate for a monolithic culture. Thats a little hard to write about, but changing how we tackle that could work. For example, look at the frontier, tau ceti, and elyra.

Ever since that ALA-Syndicate joint terrorist attack in Tau Ceti, anyone that says they are a member of the ALA or supports it is essentially a terrorist or in support of terrorists.

We had a Warden that said they were once an ALA Officer that ended up getting hauled off for terrorist collaboration. I think we've made them super bad guys so they don't really have any ability to have an IC presence.

Guest Menown

There's a difference between being part of the ALA, and being part of the DPRA.

It's quite possible to just be a citizen of the DPRA without being part of the ALA. Making somebody that lives on Das'nrra is marginally difficult, since there's nothing to draw from due to the ambiguous nature of all of their lore.

I understand concerns about the Tajaran civil war. All everyone needs to know is that I'm not just spinning tires here when I write about it.

I had hoped that, by writing a timeline of history leading up to the wars, everyone might know more about the areas and everything they're about. The regional lore update has taken far longer to roll out than I originally intended, with only Southern Rasn'rr and Amodha rolled out onto the WIP page so far. The short description of Das'nrra is that its the birthplace of industrialization, and had a long history as a naval empire which colonized the far north of Harr'masir, in the modern day NKA.

It is a bit ironic that people feel the DPRA and the ALA are the least fleshed out, because honestly they're my favorite faction. They're antagonistic in nature, it's true. But... antagonistic against what. The actual and not metaphorical subjugation of their planet to foreign interests and the people who were probably behind the hit job on the most popular leader in Tajaran history. We have to remember that, in the context of our lore, NT runs the show and that we play as NT employees. Of course they're hostile and antagonistic to the megacorporation which is in the process of colonizing them. But, you're all right, their domestic lore is conspicuously missing.

I'll elaborate for the sake of discussion.

Prior to the formation of the DPRA in 2459, the game plan was to supplant the PRA as the true successor regime to Al-Mari Hadii's vision for the Tajaran race. However the nature of it being a failed military coup with widespread guerrilla support had the faction as a military without a government. Initially, warlords would just setup their domains and enjoy the large degree of autonomy that high command gave them, respecting the rights of the people because it was demanded of them, but mostly conscripting and taxing however they saw fit. The purpose of the formation of the DPRA is the military high command recognizing that, while it's all fine and well to be decentralized, they needed a singular government with universal laws to enforce the rights of Tajara, rather than just letting unwritten oaths and pledges be the only force binding it. Recognizing that maybe defeating the PRA is going to take some time, they started future proofing their movement and preparing for longevity. What is the DPRA like? Who are its political leaders? What are the characteristics of its legislative and judicial systems? Well, that's all still being figured out. It's a young nation, and for the first time the faction which promises direct participation of its citizens in government is actually making the effort to come through on their demands.