Elyran Delights

Jakers457

Recently I've been trying out a new Elyran character that's more social compared to my more reclusive Scientist and I have been trying incorporate analogues from the selection of food currently in the code that can represent some dishes, that might be similar to real world meals. I also, am not as well versed some people are in food that could be deemed Levantine cuisine.

Here's currently what I have:

- So one thing that's kind of easy is Chai Tea and Moonbiscuits. With this I've just went with creamy tea and plump helmet biscuits, it kind of works.

- Flat Breads a given, it's a good side to put with most meals if you like to make combos.

- Shish Tawook - Custom chicken Kebab with a tomato and baked chicken meat.

- Kebab Karaz - Meat Ball Soup with Cherry Jelly. You can't get much of the Jelly into it, but you can probably remove the animal protein with flour to allow for more space for cherry flavour.

- I've been doing spiced meat platters, with bread and rice. Seems like an okay family dish.

- Red Curry with flat bread, easy dish really.

- Pisang Gorang doesn't quite fit, but it could be a dessert that's worked it's way into the culture?

- The rice dishes are kind of a given, though fried rice might be quite as fitting?

- Honey Buns are American, but can they be hand waved for Pav buns?

-Berry Clafoutis I've been using as an analogue for berry tart dishes I've seen, but can't recall the name of.

-Pakora - Can be fried chicken, eggplant, chili, tomato, carp or potato. Current ingredients in the game.

A number of selections here aren't Levantine and are perhaps more Indian. But they're something.

If anyone more knowledgeable has any suggestions, or those who just feel a certain combo will fit. Feel to post it, I'll add it to the list with your name attached. And if you have foods you wanted to be added, then perhaps suggest them too, though I don't know if they'd be implemented, can't speak for the devs.

Edited by Guest
Guest Marlon Phoenix

[mention]Sharp[/mention] bless us with your regional cuisine knowledge

Drop a the bass of deliciousness

But bear in mind that i am a vegetarian so no meat based foods on the server sorry

I'd need to dive into the food wiki to give a full answer, so maybe later.

Generally when I played a cook, and if they were doing specific cuisines, I'd describe it by word, emote or menu, to give it that authentic style that players may understand.