Character Themes!

I guess I'll do Isabella Silva. I'm going to mark all of this as Undertale spoilers, since that's what it all is.

I'd say.. since I find myself listening to the Undertale soundtrack in the background of whatever I'm doing for days on end, I'll use Mettaton NEO's theme. I'll use this remix though since the normal one's way too short and because I quite like it.

As of right now, Isabella's all talk. She's just a cadet and is massively inexperienced. She will fail in a direct fight more often than not, and she knows this, that's why she sticks to camera duty most of the time. This all being said, if someone she's grown attached to is threatened, she'll drop a lot of logic and reason and rush headfirst at them, typically to her disadvantage. I feel like this resonates with Mettaton in general, especially NEO. I'm basing this more on Mettaton than the actual song.

This all being said, I think Isabella's a fairly competent talker, which is all Mettaton NEO is, all talk and no game.

Mandatory edit I swear: I've decided to elaborate a little on just what Mettaton NEO is. Alright, so, Mettaton is a robot. I'll just leave it at that for simplicity. Mettaton, a robot, has multiple forms that are seen throughout the game. Three forms to be exact. Mettaton's first, and "normal" form, is functionally invisible, its flavor text stating multiple times that this is so. Mettaton drops his form base form on neutral and pacifist runs, involuntarily to be fair, for a form named Mettaton EX. Mettaton EX is functionally an actual fight, a boss fight, and one of the last boss fights in the game. You defeat him by shooting his "heart", which shows throughout the fight. This isn't Mettaton NEO though. Mettaton NEO is a fight that happens in the same area that the player would normally fight Mettaton EX. Mettaton NEO is the "genocide" variant of the fight. In a genocide run of Undertale, the player deliberately kills all of the monsters they see and then some, hunting down random encounters until there's none. Y'know, genociding the monsters. Anyways, Mettaton NEO is a form that Mettaton, an invincible robot, voluntarily switches to. Mettaton NEO says this before the fight starts,

"I WAS FIRST CREATED AS A HUMAN ERADICATION ROBOT. IT WAS ONLY AFTER BECOMING A STAR THAT I WAS GIVEN A MORE... PHOTOGENIC BODY. HOWEVER. THOSE ORIGINAL FUNCTIONS HAVE NEVER BEEN FULLY REMOVED. COME ANY CLOSER, AND I'LL BE FORCED TO SHOW YOU... MY TRUE FORM! FINE THEN! RRRRREADY? IIIIIIIT'S SHOWTIME!!!"
Which, I mean, I'd be expecting a tough fight after that line, but no, Mettaton NEO dies in one hit. One hit and it's over. Bye bye, Mettaton, you did an amazing job.

MY MY. SO YOU'VE FINALLY ARRIVED. AFTER OUR FIRST MEETING... I REALIZED... SOMETHING GHASTLY. YOU'RE NOT JUST A THREAT TO MONSTERS... BUT HUMANITY, AS WELL. OH MY. THAT'S AN ISSUE. YOU SEE, I CAN'T BE A STAR WITHOUT AN AUDIENCE.AND BESIDES... THERE ARE SOME PEOPLE... I WANT TO PROTECT. AH HA HA. -Mettaton NEO

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Ka'Akaix'Kzon Zo'ra:

Kzon has ideas and ideals, and no one is going to stop them.

They let you dream, just to watch 'em shatter. You're just a step on the bossman's ladder, but you've got dreams he'll never take away. You're in the same boat with a lot of your friends, waiting for the day your ship will come in and the tide's gonna turn and it's all gonna roll your way.

Witcher II:

Witcher lost a human they cared dearly for. Now they're struggling to make connections, particularly with that human's children. They are finding it difficult to be who they used to be.

Now we're back to the beginning. It's just a feeling and no one knows yet. But just because they can't feel it too, doesn't mean that you have to forget. So let your memories grow stronger and stronger, 'til they're before your eyes. You'll come back when they call you. No need to say goodbye.

Alexander Viatorem:

He has worked hard his entire life to get to where he is, and now he is "on top of the world" in that he is extremely contented with his luxurious life, he is also on top of the world in that he holds a powerful position. The song has a wonderfully jolly feel to it, and, overall, captures the original feel I had in mind for Viatorem. A jolly oldish man. It doesn't, however, describe classical, fine, tastes, or his harsh, ruthless, side, that can come out occasionally...

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Vedai'Kwia Xizal:

"Ever since I can remember, life was like a tipping scale. Like an abacus I played with, counting every win and fail. 'Cause I have lived my life in debt, I've spent my days in deep regret. Yeah, I've been living in the red, but I want to forgive and forget."

Drexel Azanti

Drexel is a bit different. When trying to come up with a backstory for a Dreg Skrell (like, what!?) before class, I based it off of a song my friend was listening to. Doing a bit of research, I found this gem:

Del Rey described the "stealing police cars with the senior guys" lyric is actually  from her time in Lake Placid when an unnamed female friend of hers got into a police car with the door open, but failed to get away because she was unable to drive.

Nearly lost my shit because that'd be something teen dregs would do.

"Sweet sixteen, and we had arrived. Baby's table dancing at the local dive. Cheering our name in the pink spotlight; drinking cherry schnapps in the velvet night."

BONUS: Vedai in the eyes of every chef:

"If you see me coming your way, better give me plenty o'space. If I tell you that I'm hungray, THEN WON'T YOU. FEED MY. FACE!?"