Ask a mod/admin!

Frances

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The SM delaminating naturally will only cause engineering to BTFO, but any other section of the station will only be hit by a wave of radiation. It wears off quickly and it's nothing anti-toxin can't treat. However, purposefully sabotaging the SM by quickly flooding superheated gas into the loop will cause an exponentially deadlier and more radioactive reaction.

The rule on sabotaging the engine or atmos states to never sabotage either without having asked staff for permission to do it, as doing so can lead to command staff being forced to end the round.

Are there rules about targeting the engine>

Joboy tells me yes. But i've seen three delaminations in two days, so it doesn't seem like that's true.

Two of those three were from someone (an engineer) closing the ejection hatch when the AI was ordered to release the SM core.

Then one of them was because the crew locked down the ONLY engineering cyborg and wouldn't unlock it after the traitor AI was deactivated.

As such an atmospheric technician dragged it a tile into space trying to dispose of it, causing it to explode a lot sooner.

Rule of thumb is don't break into the CE office, and don't lock down the only one who IC is working on the engine.

Are there rules about targeting the engine>

Joboy tells me yes. But i've seen three delaminations in two days, so it doesn't seem like that's true.

The singularity [De facto: any primary power source, really] and atmos are generally off-limits.

Due to the impact they can have on the round. If you think you have a really good reason to mess with either, adminhelp first to get clearance.

The fact that there are delaminations doesn't mean that the rule is not enforced. Not only can delaminations be the result of accidents/non-antag circumstance (at which point, we won't really stop it), but if you adminhelp it, and we deem it to be good RP for you to sabotage the engine, we'll grant you permission.

Skull, you were updating the serber when it become deaded, right? What were you updating?

OS and background systems (the SQL server). Game updates do not require the machine, or even dreamdaemon, restart. You can thank the TGstation's host for the tricks required to make that possible.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
so.. why is the engine and escape off limit for antags ? :s

Both can become fair game as long as you ahelp and give a good reason. The engine is the primary power source for the station and messing with it without a good reason can quickly make the round super awful for all involved. Escape is where everyone congregates at the end of the round to board the shuttle. Messing with this area "just because" is usually just bad form. Its not impossible to justify taking it out however, and in fact you can even bomb it while its full of people provided you have done some nefariousness during the round to justify it. In the past we have let traitors and nuke ops alike bomb the transfer shuttle after threatening multiple times it will be bombed. Each case can be a little different and there isnt any set criteria. your best bet is to ahelp and ask.

• 1 month later...
Is self-injecting with Spaceacillin as Medbay staff as a standard preventative measure (albeit outside an immediate viral threat) illegal power gaming?

Yes, it is - although "illegal" certainly isn't the correct term for this context.

Spaceacillin is not immune to all restraints of a normal anti-biotic, nor is it a panacea that will prevent biological contaminants from infecting you.

Is self-injecting with Spaceacillin as Medbay staff as a standard preventative measure (albeit outside an immediate viral threat) illegal power gaming?

Spaceacillin is not immune to all restraints of a normal anti-biotic, nor is it a panacea that will prevent biological contaminants from infecting you.

The mechanics certainly don't reflect that; you technically get infected, but the infection gets cured immediately, making it a de facto vaccine.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Is there any means by which I can request an account name change without making a new one entirely?

I was a bit of a bastard when I made this account and have had an attitude adjustment since then. Im thinking this account name is kinda stupid and potentially rude so if theres a way to have it changed without making a new account Id like that to be done, with the account named changed to "TaToBa" because of a japanese tv show I like

3 hours ago, capn sperg said:

Is there any means by which I can request an account name change without making a new one entirely?

Any admin is able to change your account's name, IIRC. So PM-ing any one of them through the forums would have been sufficient.

And consider your name changed now.

• 2 months later...