Ask a mod/admin!

Frances

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I have some legitimate questions.

When did you all become mods/admins? Were you here from the beginning? Was there an original Glorious Supreme Admin Leader before Frances? Are there other staff that aren't currently here anymore that served before?

When did you all become mods/admins? Were you here from the beginning? Was there an original Glorious Supreme Admin Leader before Frances? Are there other staff that aren't currently here anymore that served before?

The remaining "original" admins are Covert0ddity and Nightmare, if memory serves. Oh, and Chaznoodles.

The previous Head Admins, in chronological order (if I'm missing someone, feel free to correct me, Chaz):

1. Danmaggedon
  2. F_Sphere (can't remember if he was, or wasn't -- t'was complicated)
  3. Subdigital
  4. Yeahchris
  5. FFrances

Here since the start, bb.

Dan was never the headmin whilst I was hosting. Sphere was the first Headmin, Tool was the Community Manager. I handed hosting off to Sphere at the end of January, and from that point I have no idea what happened. I can't even remember the full staff team from when we started out.

I was a spriter for a while, then Head Dev for a longer while (Which I passed off to Skull), then Community manager for a few days, then primary Admin for a while, then Loremaster for a year, then I stepped down to Lore Consultant. All without ever filling in a formal application, instead I made a few piss-poor cyborg component sprites, thatMrImATool liked, but never got used. I got shifted from primary admin when I made the classic bad decision of answering an Ahelp that was related to me; and everyone suddenly realised "hang on, this guy hasn't applied ANYWHERE" so Tool shifted me across to Loremaster, with exactly the same powers.

Started with these guys back on old Apollo as a regular. Then after the split i sticked with Aurora->mod->tertiary->secondary->and primary( tis last was like a month ago) Though prim,sec,tert only gives you different accesses, and not higher position in the staff team mainly.

Yes there was/were. And there are many who don't frequent us anymore, or just rarely.

I'm up for this!

Found Aurora during the summer with a group of friends that I beliiiieve wound up mostly casual, or playing on and off. I've been staff since some time late September early October with a start as a trial, then got the bump to full mod. Hope to stay with you guys for a long time, too- Once I get some internet up in this place.

I was here from the start which if I recall was Chaz, Tool, Sphere and Farcry. I got the initial forums started about a few weeks (I think but I could be lying) in after the server was made. Then stuff happened. Now I apparently have an IC religion about me.

Though prim,sec,tert only gives you different accesses, and not higher position in the staff team mainly.
Not exactly true. While we don't have tertiaries anymore, primaries represent our most trusted admins, while people who haven't been admins for as long or aren't as entrusted with important community decisions are secondaries. I also know there's still a few different access differences between primaries and secondaries, but I'm looking to get them removed (as soon as I talk to skull), because they're mostly things like verbs to restart the server, delay rounds, etc. And there's no particular reason why secondaries shouldn't have them.

As another question, to anyone who wants to answer, Im just quoting Frances here, Frances said that due to restructuring staff, apps were caught in a limbo. Are you guys restructuring like how you appointed different people to accept/deny different apps, or are you doing something else? And how long should we expect apps to be in the limbo state?

As another question, to anyone who wants to answer, Im just quoting Frances here, Frances said that due to restructuring staff, apps were caught in a limbo. Are you guys restructuring like how you appointed different people to accept/deny different apps, or are you doing something else? And how long should we expect apps to be in the limbo state?

Species apps have already been handed down to the Lore team, and Tablespoon is in charge of them. As for head apps, I'm looking for other staffmembers to cover for Lessick, who stepped down for the time being. I actually have a few members in mind, and we're going to look through the current head apps this week.

they're mostly things like verbs to restart the server, delay rounds, etc. And there's no particular reason why secondaries shouldn't have them.

All admins got given the ability to delay & restart the server a few updates ago, the other missing commands are mainly ones to control themselves, alter permission of other staff, delete other admin's memos, possess items/singluo, and lag/memory enduing toggles.

Honestly the whole staff holder system needs to be rewritten, commands are mixed up all over the place, there are things in places where they shouldn't be, and multiple ways to do the same thing but with different flags. It's a mess.

All admins got given the ability to delay & restart the server a few updates ago, the other missing commands are mainly ones to control themselves, alter permission of other staff, delete other admin's memos, possess items/singluo, and lag/memory enduing toggles.

Right, about that, there's a certain bug where I can't delete the notes I wrote myself anymore... u_u