Tajara Lore Dev Feedback

Mofo1995

Hello all! I have been your Tajara lore overseer and developer since October of 2016, in other words, a year!

The species and its player base have changed dramatically since I first took the helm of lore development all that time ago, and in PMs I've had a few points of contact who were always good about either letting me know about how they felt about certain changes and events or otherwise helped me draft up some of the newer bits of lore. With all of this in mind, the species are not going to remain stagnant, and there are some large (non-retcon) changes coming in the near future as news events unfold and the narrative shifts. SO I wanted to take this opportunity to gauge my capabilities and the community's opinions on them before moving forward.

How do you feel I have been doing as a lore developer (in terms of writing new lore)?

How do you feel I have been doing as a whitelist manager?

Have I been too strict/lenient when processing applications?

How do you feel about the different factions?

Are all the new pages on the wiki easy to navigate? Information easy to quickly access and find?

Have I done a good job of being responsive to questions and concerns?

Do you have any questions (within reason of spoilers) you would like answered regarding the immediate future of the Tajaran race?

Is there anything in particular you would like to see added or improved upon?

This is your chance to cue me in to my performance as well as to make popular demands!

How do you feel I have been doing as a lore developer (in terms of writing new lore)?

So far eggcellent in my opinion, I liked the inclusion of secret messages in ALA articles and cracking the code of them (Two weeks late but whatever), the reinforcement of Tajara as their own species instead of 1920's Russia in space with the addition of Fauna/Sidestories/Family relations/Culture/Religion of their own.

But not everything is peachy, NKA felt like the favorite child of a parent that says he doesn't have favorite children. I understand you're attempting to tell a story and essentially you need to "Prepare the ground before landing" sorta thing but honestly the other few factions felt a bit neglected with nothing really sight-catching happening to them unlike NKA who got the largest coverage of new articles, events and actions.

Recently your sight seems to have shifted to ALA a bit more which is good because they seemed less like a faction and more like a plotpoint. More like a slap on the lore-horses ass to get him going than anything else.

PRA was frankly boring, nothing refreshing happened to that faction besides playing tug-o-war about territory most Tajara players on station don't seem to care about since they don't live there, atleast it seemed so from my perspective I might be completely wrong.

But there is clear cut improvement actually attempting to make something else out of these factions than a bunch of stereotypes just laid down on each other in hopes nobody notices and that there is actual effort to progress and shape the lore in a very flexible and acceptible way without intruding too much into the lore itself, slowly sliding ideas and changes into the lore instead of just slapping your lore writer cock on the wiki and going GUYIZ X WORKS LIKE Y NOW DON'T ASK WHY IT JUST DOES no there is actual subtle effort in there and I'm glad for it since I got into playing Tajara for the lore and I'm only glad it's actually moving somewhere instead of keeping up a status quo.

You accept whitelist within reasonable time, give a heads up before a review and you apologize when an app is left laying around for a bit too long, SOMETHING OTHERS COULD TAKE NOTE OF

But there is one thing I wanted to address, backstory quality.

There were and probably always will be issues with people trying to make Tajara off-station, but recently i've noticed a (short) spike of very simple dumb Zhan who are from some backwater town and get to space.

While I'm not against "Dumb cheap workers" since this is what NT is about I feel like these are being used in the same vain as the off-station Tajara, to avoid lore and get a through with a very simple and bland whitelist, again my own personal thing.

Are all the new pages on the wiki easy to navigate? Information easy to quickly access and find?

86ebb2cdc6.gif

So far eggcellent in my opinion, I liked the inclusion of secret messages in ALA articles and cracking the code of them (Two weeks late but whatever), the reinforcement of Tajara as their own species instead of 1920's Russia in space with the addition of Fauna/Sidestories/Family relations/Culture/Religion of their own.

But not everything is peachy, NKA felt like the favorite child of a parent that says he doesn't have favorite children. I understand you're attempting to tell a story and essentially you need to "Prepare the ground before landing" sorta thing but honestly the other few factions felt a bit neglected with nothing really sight-catching happening to them unlike NKA who got the largest coverage of new articles, events and actions.

Recently your sight seems to have shifted to ALA a bit more which is good because they seemed less like a faction and more like a plotpoint. More like a slap on the lore-horses ass to get him going than anything else.

PRA was frankly boring, nothing refreshing happened to that faction besides playing tug-o-war about territory most Tajara players on station don't seem to care about since they don't live there, atleast it seemed so from my perspective I might be completely wrong.

But there is clear cut improvement actually attempting to make something else out of these factions than a bunch of stereotypes just laid down on each other in hopes nobody notices and that there is actual effort to progress and shape the lore in a very flexible and acceptible way without intruding too much into the lore itself, slowly sliding ideas and changes into the lore instead of just slapping your lore writer cock on the wiki and going GUYIZ X WORKS LIKE Y NOW DON'T ASK WHY IT JUST DOES no there is actual subtle effort in there and I'm glad for it since I got into playing Tajara for the lore and I'm only glad it's actually moving somewhere instead of keeping up a status quo.

You accept whitelist within reasonable time, give a heads up before a review and you apologize when an app is left laying around for a bit too long, SOMETHING OTHERS COULD TAKE NOTE OF

But there is one thing I wanted to address, backstory quality.

There were and probably always will be issues with people trying to make Tajara off-station, but recently i've noticed a (short) spike of very simple dumb Zhan who are from some backwater town and get to space.

While I'm not against "Dumb cheap workers" since this is what NT is about I feel like these are being used in the same vain as the off-station Tajara, to avoid lore and get a through with a very simple and bland whitelist, again my own personal thing.

86ebb2cdc6.gif

Thanks! This is a gold mine of constructive criticism. When I first took my position, the NKA really did get a favorite treatment, you hit that nail on the head. Prior to Sue's departure, the NKA did not exist at all in lore and when I came in they were very far behind in development, especially considering the Hive-era had strong progress in ALA lore. I'll have to keep the bit about the PRA well in mind. My personal bias against communism may have left me neglecting them as the bastard child when really- as the biggest faction- they should have the most going on. Fortunately (I think?) the two biggest events developing in Tajara lore within the next month or so are both based out on the PRA, so hopefully that will give the players something nice to chew on.

In regards to whitelist backstories: I think what happened was that people caught on that I figured if they made a humble working class Tajara from the ALA, that it would warm my heart. For awhile there, ALA was pretty much dead on station since G'wir Syum'diad wasn't around, so when those applications came strolling in, I was excited about the prospect of getting more. But, you're right. Where it used to be ground breaking, it's now become a stereotype.

Guest Menown

Without offense, I don't really take notice of what you do. Which is a good thing, in itself. In the past we've had a lot of rewrites, which derails many characters, something I haven't seen you do. You're more of a low-impact flesher-outer, who's trying to expand upon the lore instead of shaping it, which is something I feel is for the better.

Terrible, why are we letting smelly meowing felines onto the station? :C

I like what you've done anyway, it's been interesting to watch the interactions since I first came here, since when I had started on Aurora we had the Kitty KGB camps.

The species is in a good place, considering the crap they get thrown at them, it's gone from it's just furries being furries, to people trying to create interesting characters.