Skull132

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I guess the main issues here are:

• Prices need to be cheaper or else cargo will become a barren wasteland where no one will care to frequent
  • Parity with old cargo crates -

someone just needs to go crate by crate and conpare what is in old cargo with what is in new cargo - seems simple enough
  • Shuttle times should be restored to 2 minutes
  • Console should charge your ID or alternatively a charge card/acct number and PIN-if so there should be some sort of mechanism for cargo to pay for some/all of a crate at their option

Paging [mention]Skull132[/mention]. Can you speak to any/all of this?

So I guess the main issues here are:

• Prices need to be cheaper or else cargo will become a barren wasteland where no one will care to frequent
  • Parity with old cargo crates -

someone just needs to go crate by crate and conpare what is in old cargo with what is in new cargo - seems simple enough
  • Shuttle times should be restored to 2 minutes
  • Console should charge your ID or alternatively a charge card/acct number and PIN-if so there should be some sort of mechanism for cargo to pay for some/all of a crate at their option

Paging Skull132. Can you speak to any/all of this?

Prices will be re-evaluated in a bit, they're relatively hard to get right the first time around. Or the second time around. Or the third. Though we would like to keep them at a level where QMs are incentivized to get money for cargo, by selling things back to CC/other traders.

Shuttle times are actually tied into a mechanic which the lore staff ([mention]Senpai Jackboot[/mention] plz mobilize them you lazy lizardman) where you would have multiple vendors selling the same item, with various different properties. It'd also mean that whenever you have multiple pick-up points, the time would stretch longer. Which would allow for some economy planning. Though I forget how long they are atm.

The last point is a little badly phrased, so I'm failing to understand it properly, I'm afraid.

[*]Console should charge your ID or alternatively a charge card/acct number and PIN-if so there should be some sort of mechanism for cargo to pay for some/all of a crate at their option

The last point is a little badly phrased, so I'm failing to understand it properly, I'm afraid.

What he means is that the console should charge for order automatically without needing a EPTOS scanner to have them pay. To add, if this feature is to be added, it should say stuff like: "Order submitted successfully, account charged." or "ERROR: order unable to be submitted, insufficient funds."

Guest Marlon Phoenix

[mention]Skull132[/mention] I don't understand what you are asking? Are you asking about how long it takes for shuttles to get to-from the area or are you asking for what prices things should be?

Skull132 I don't understand what you are asking? Are you asking about how long it takes for shuttles to get to-from the area or are you asking for what prices things should be?

Neither. I'm saying that the feature to incorporate lore into the game by having other corporations/sources for cargo to buy from needs lore attention. As was explained by Arrow multiple times.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

I've worked on adding additional suppliers, but the most immediate thing i've done is adjust the prices. 90 credits for a bag of flour was insane.

Common, mundane items that are used in bulk have been made dirt cheap to allow you to... Buy them in bulk. Buying a bunch of slabs of meat is roughly equal to buying a box of monkey cubes, and so on.

Lethal weapons have been kept expensive, but non-lethal weapons have been given a discount. I debated making a joke about printer ink prices by making it 10,000 credits but dont think anyone would appreciate the gag.

These adjustments are tentative on the excel sheet until Skull gets his grubby hands on it to see if he like sit.

I've worked on adding additional suppliers, but the most immediate thing i've done is adjust the prices. 90 credits for a bag of flour was insane.

Common, mundane items that are used in bulk have been made dirt cheap to allow you to... Buy them in bulk. Buying a bunch of slabs of meat is roughly equal to buying a box of monkey cubes, and so on.

Lethal weapons have been kept expensive, but non-lethal weapons have been given a discount. I debated making a joke about printer ink prices by making it 10,000 credits but dont think anyone would appreciate the gag.

These adjustments are tentative on the excel sheet until Skull gets his grubby hands on it to see if he like sit.

Thank you!

With the spreadsheet updating dynamically, does this mean that the updates are immediate but may be reverted after Skull review them?

Is there a link to the spreadsheet? Is it on the git?

Thank you!

With the spreadsheet updating dynamically, does this mean that the updates are immediate but may be reverted after Skull review them?

Is there a link to the spreadsheet? Is it on the git?

"The spreadsheet" is referring to a excel spreadsheet I pulled from the DB quite a while back. (So no, its not updating dynamically)

That has been handed to the lore team to specify the suppliers for the items and the prices.

Since I never heard back from them, the system has gone live with the following formula for the prices:

If there is no supplier specified, a default Supplier NT is created with 1.5 times the Merchant Price.

And it is intentional that the merchant is cheaper than the "default NT" supplier.

Regarding shuttle times and prices:

Its possible to configure different shuttle times and prices for different suppliers.

But that is again up to the lore team to make a suggestion for the times / prices as well as what items should be shipped by what supplier

A very important thing to note is that there are no crates in new cargo.

Every item that was previously in a crate is/should be available on its own.

A very important thing to note is that there are no crates in new cargo.

Every item that was previously in a crate is/should be available on its own.

Someone needs to pull the old list of crates and dump their contents into a spreadsheet and go line by line to see what isn't in new cargo. Because there still are several items.

Ambrosia vulgaris I believe is one that hasn't been mentioned.

Someone needs to pull the old list of crates and dump their contents into a spreadsheet and go line by line to see what isn't in new cargo. Because there still are several items.

Ambrosia vulgaris I believe is one that hasn't been mentioned.

Thats what this topic is about: To point out items that are missing from cargo.

Regarding Ambrosia:

I could not find a supply pack that contains ambrosia vulgaris.

There's never been one. We get it, alex, you smoke weed.

Materials such as steel and glass are missing. Even though it is mining's job to produce it, it should probably be there in case all of the miners decide to drop dead down a ditch.

Ha! Actually a botanist stopped by once asking where the ambrosia vulgaris was now. I assumed that it was in a past crate. I guess not. You can see how many times I smoke weed play botanist.

What if other mats than glass and steel were available, but absurdly expensive? Metal and glass too should be set at a premium price to prevent them from being bought in lieu of waited on.

[mention]Arrow768[/mention], more things to add to cargo:

Soda dispenser

Liquor dispenser

Chemical dispenser

Soda dispenser refills

Liquor dispenser refills

(Chem dispenser refills??)

Industrial Mining drill, or is that now being ordered exclusively through the mining equipment vendor?

Emergency floodlight (not sure if that used to be available or not via cargo)

Has the women's dress and men's formalwear been added yet?

Magboots (again, not sure if this was in old cargo but it would be a useful addition)