October Update: Cargo Boogaloo

Skull132

Aye it's hard when ya come in late and all the acetone has been used or stolen by some shitty SSD chemists before that ended up making JUST a shitload dexalin plus or spilling it all over the floor and setting themselves on fire or whatever they've gone done with it other than make actual meds. In matlab as well, it can be quickly used up. If someone uses over 1k acetone and more is needed then they most probably shouldn't be a chemist, but still cargo needs all the chemical cartridges including things like carpotoxin!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

(Sorry for doublepost)

Rags for the barkeep/janitor

Can't you just produce these by cutting up bedsheets? There's a few linen bins with 20 bedsheets each across the station that never get used ever, and I don't see anyone making an issue of it if you just ask them to get you a bedsheet from one. Alternatively you can just steal one from the dorms and no one will even notice let alone care.

Can't you just produce these by cutting up bedsheets? There's a few linen bins with 20 bedsheets each across the station that never get used ever, and I don't see anyone making an issue of it if you just ask them to get you a bedsheet from one. Alternatively you can just steal one from the dorms and no one will even notice let alone care.

I know, but it should be a matter of principle. It's a bit odd to see folk walking about cutting up rags.

I know, but it should be a matter of principle. It's a bit odd to see folk walking about cutting up rags.

You don't see people "walking about cutting up rags" you just take a bedsheet and cut it and thats the end of that.

By this matter of principle it's also odd to special order in a crate on a space shuttle that just contains an old wash towel.

know what cargo functionalities are needed rn

-order paperwork, print a receipt or something

-a log of who ordered what

also, a fun thing for crate organization because crate organization can be a pain in the actual dick, is adding a way for the cargo staff to decide what items go in what crates on the shuttle, organizing it through the console instead of making people put in 2/3/5/10 orders to get their things.

know what cargo functionalities are needed rn

-order paperwork, print a receipt or something

-a log of who ordered what

also, a fun thing for crate organization because crate organization can be a pain in the actual dick, is adding a way for the cargo staff to decide what items go in what crates on the shuttle, organizing it through the console instead of making people put in 2/3/5/10 orders to get their things.

The first thing is planned.

The second thing is already available via the control application

And the user can already select what items he want in which crate by placing multiple orders.

However there are certain limitations in place.

You have to place a new order if:

• The container type is different -> You cant throw stuff that comes in a freezer together with stuff that comes in a crate or a box
  • If the item is not group-able with other items -> For example only one goat fits into a box.
  • If the container is full. -> Pretty straight forward why that is the case.

There are some ideas around that might change these conditions in the future or the order workflow.

But the earliest time they will be implemented is march.

Some names of cargo items have been cut off, for example 'PDA' is 'DA', as well, some item descriptions are completely missing. I am not on as Cargo ATM so I do not have more examples, but a quick join as a CT and looking at the lists should show which items have issues

I am pretty sure beverage dispensers and chem dispensers were available in the cargo ordering system previously. I cannot find them now. If they are there, I would appreciate being pointed to where I can find them.

Which leads me to this: a searchable ordering database would be awesome, especially because it is hard to go through everything to find what you want. Paradise has searchable autolathes and protolathes (which would also be cool), you might be able to find the code for the basis of such a querying system in Paracode.