Should we have Intern Level Pages on the Wiki

AllyBearsley

<t>Where to display intern positions and the relevant info?</t>  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For a while a question has been in my head: Should we have intern level job pages on the wiki? I have been against them personally. I see them as a waste of a page, when their information can easily be added to specific job pages. However, intern pages could help people more easily see and understand they exist. It could open the doors to how people start in more departments properly, instead of newbies going straight for very important roles.

I will be using this poll as a way to see what the community thinks overall, but I also want a discussion to form from this. Please explain your vote if possible.

Thank you for your time and have a good day.

IMHO, Medical Resident is the only one that needs a page - because it needs to be explained what a medical resident can do based on what they're residency is in.

I've seen MRes' that are 'surgical' residencies do minor surgeries, for example. It needs to be documented somewhere.

Maybe the occupations page should start out with all the roles selected to their intern level. When I first started playing I did not know these existed because I had to click that blue text to change it. This probably isn't the best way to do it but there needs to be something to get new players in a role that explains they're expected to ask others for assistance. This could be done with a message in the occupations panel. Anyways I like seeing interns in departments they're a great way too spark role play and make friends.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

IMHO, Medical Resident is the only one that needs a page - because it needs to be explained what a medical resident can do based on what they're residency is in.

I've seen MRes' that are 'surgical' residencies do minor surgeries, for example. It needs to be documented somewhere.

I am divided on which overall path to take, but I do agree that Medical Resident is unique enough of our 'intern' roles to get a page to itself, since MR's could be doing surgery if that's their specific residency.

I see. I am absolutely fine with a few special cases for intern pages. Medical Resident is one such special case. I will strongly take into consideration the making of that page just because a lot could be said for it. However, I am less likely to feel a full page is necessary for something like Security Cadet.

Yes, and here's how I think that it can be done without messing everything up.

On the front of the wiki put a starter jobs page which brings up a list of all of the nub jobs and their responsibilities. Assistant, Medical Resident, et cetera.

From there have a very meticulous and detailed description of, not strictly what their job entails, but mostly how to perform the basic actions that those jobs require. When it comes to learning, there's nothing wrong with overlap, and the very VERY basics of how to use medicine or construct a chair spelled out letter by letter for a new player won't hurt anyone. The more information available and right out in the open for you the better, in my opinion.