Showing borgs and AI on the manifest for ghosts and lobbyers.

The purpose is to distance them from the Crew as much as possible, they're not meant to be part of the Crew, rather, part of the Station. That's probably what a bunch of people will echo here.

I wouldn't mind some way to tell, but I don't know how receptive people will be to adding them to the Manifest.

I don't get that argument. Just have a special section of the manifest that tells you that an AI is online and that borgs are online. "They're not part of the crew" yeah that's cool but they're still there doing things and it'd be nice for a person to know that they are there.

Just make a special section somewhere on the manifest sheet away from everyone else that says "AI and Borgs" online. It'd make sense in-game and out of game to have something like that be on the same page. It's tedious for a company to make multiple pages to display basically the same thing but for different people. Don't want them to feel like they're considered the crew, just have it literally say "AI: Online, Borg1: Online, Borg2: Online". I'd think the company would want you to know what you're working with and not be blind sided by lack of AI's when you call into the comm four times trying to get a door opened.

Well that's my opinion.

I don't get that argument. Just have a special section of the manifest that tells you that an AI is online and that borgs are online. "They're not part of the crew" yeah that's cool but they're still there doing things and it'd be nice for a person to know that they are there.

Just make a special section somewhere on the manifest sheet away from everyone else that says "AI and Borgs" online. It'd make sense in-game and out of game to have something like that be on the same page. It's tedious for a company to make multiple pages to display basically the same thing but for different people. Don't want them to feel like they're considered the crew, just have it literally say "AI: Online, Borg1: Online, Borg2: Online". I'd think the company would want you to know what you're working with and not be blind sided by lack of AI's when you call into the comm four times trying to get a door opened.

Well that's my opinion.

Sure, and when are we getting Beepsky added to the Manifest? Cleanbots? Farmbots? Medibots? This is my and other peoples point, by doing this you are removing the illusion of them being equipment, since they would be treated wildly different from other Robots on the Exodus. I already said i'm okay with something like this, but there's a reason they are not on the Manifest, it isn't negligence, there is actual code already in Aurora for putting them on the Manifest, which is intentionally disabled, it's a design decision.

I will say, however, you can already check for AI/'borg, just check the PDA messager. Also, you aren't entitled to entering unauthorised areas without need on NT Default.

Edit: I'm in support of having it show up on the OOC manifest, just not the IC one.

Edited by Guest

I would be for having synthetics listed in the OOC manifest shown to ghosts & players in the lobby as the OP originally suggested.

Adding it to the crew manifest was not the original suggestion, and I don't feel it particularly makes sense; synthetics are not crew, they are tools.

And I just don't see why there's an easier way IC to check for borgs and AIs than the messenger.

Ok and it might seem like I think this is some super necessary thing and I am totally butthurt that it's not in or may never be in. I'm not. If nothing gets implemented I'm fine. I just think it would be nice to have something like an easy way to IC check for AI and Borgs. That is all.

Chada, it's the reason I said this is for observers and lobbyers, not the in-game manifest. It's mostly for OOC information, not necessarily IC information. I know from experience that some borgs and crewmembers become friends to an extent, and if people can see which borgs are online before they choose their character they can think "Hey, I can have some fun interactions here" rather than playing roulette of which borgs are present.

It would really help people decide which character to play. Consider that you are planning to go Engineering because you only see two Engineers and four Sec. Then when you load in, you find out three borgs also went Engineering. Now you're in for a shift where you're over-crowded in a department. The manifest doesn't need to show the borgs/AI when you look at it IC, but OOCly when you're in lobby, it would be helpful. Or when you go to click a role if it said something like: Engineer: 2 (4 Active including Synths), so you would know if the role was being handled enough already.

+1 from me

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Gem locked this topic