Spawn IAA in their own office

Kaed

I really don't understand why IAA spawn in the meeting room with the officers and other security staff. They aren't part of that team. Generally, they just walk right out of the meeting room and go to their office.

So can we change this to be over in the actual IAA office?

I didn't even realize this happened.

Yes please. Let agents be the anti-social bureaucratic nerds that they are, especially since our version of IA has less to do with the security department than it does with playing the corporate liaison/regulator.

I constantly wonder why IAA are even grouped with security at all in all of the places that we talk to them.|

When checking aurora jobs on the wiki, they are under 'law and order' and grouped with security even though they serve no security purpose.

I think the job was originally supposed to be like the Internal Affairs section of a police department - hence the security access, comms, and so on. It isn't what they've ended up as, even if security is sometimes in need of the most oversight still.

Honestly, I disagree with this. I like to introduce myself at roundstart to security in person, and make it clear to them what my role and responsibility on board is, and that I look forward to working with them.

Internal Affairs Agents cannot afford to be solo-ninja bureaucrats, this is the attitude that is killing the role - you MUST be ready to engage with Security and Command staff and make professional relationships with their characters if you are going to accomplish you IC/OOC role properly.

I say continue to spawn them in the meeting room.

I agree with this suggestion. If they want to introduce themselves to security, they can do so by walking over the briefing or to do it over the radio. IA Agents are more of command department than anything, as their job is to ensure everyone is working and that departments are up to standard.

Honestly, I disagree with this. I like to introduce myself at roundstart to security in person, and make it clear to them what my role and responsibility on board is, and that I look forward to working with them.

Internal Affairs Agents cannot afford to be solo-ninja bureaucrats, this is the attitude that is killing the role - you MUST be ready to engage with Security and Command staff and make professional relationships with their characters if you are going to accomplish you IC/OOC role properly.

I say continue to spawn them in the meeting room.

You are being ridiculous.

Even if there is such a problem of non-communicative behavior 'killing the role', then that is a problem facing players, not something you solve by forcing people together by spawning them in inappropriate locations.

I personally would rather not take the time introducing myself until I finish preparing myself. I have a briefcase to fill with folders and paperwork.

This suggestion was not intended to keep Internal Affairs agents away from the 'dirty peasants in security', it was to actually have them spawn in their office and or workplace like everyone else in the server does.

• 1 month later...

And I reiterate, this isn't destroying anything, it's just making you spawn in your office instead of in the briefing room. It's literally a 15-second walk distance if you feel it is incredibly important to round start that you introduce yourself in person, you still have security channel and a backdoor in your office that leads directly into the department.

No matter how important you think it is that the IAA have a good relationship with security, they are not part of the security department, and should not be spawning with them.

• Gem locked this topic