Have AI intercoms have mics off by default.

Every round the intercom west of the Ai core has it's microphone on, and something like this usually happens

McMalf: :b Ok stay low for now then we will kill all the organics

message broadcasted over common channel thanks to intercom

Normie Von Norm: I think the AI is bad

crew spams request to state laws

Overall there is no reason to have the mic on, as if it is needed it can be easily turned on, and having it on by default just causes miscoms that can ruin a malf ai game. I see no downside to this being implemented, and AI players will rejoice when their malf games are no longer ruined when they mess up the ,b.

There was a very similar change made recently, namely the chemical dispensers. Their default setting was to dump the contents into waste, instead of back into the beaker.

This was pinned and changed with ease, so why the difficulty with this one?

If you need to communicate with it, you can turn it on, if you mis-speak and it broadcasts stationwide, you cannot take it back.

I've had this happen a couple times and agree.

Also, what is with this talk about 'coders pouring time into this'. As far as I'm aware it's more of a mapping issue and could probably be changed in about 5 seconds. It is literally trivial and just a quality of life improvement.

Saying we should leave things like this in the game to serve as 'gotchas' for inexperienced/inattentive players does not make the game more fun for anyone. It just makes you sound like kind of an elitist jerk ;/

• 1 month later...
  • Gem locked this topic