Make Shutters Crush People

The medbay and chemistry shutters are like the ones you see in shops when the day is over and they close for the night. I doubt they could do much damage. The huge metal oneson the bridge on the other hand are blast doors and may very well do harm if they close on you. The only issue i see with this is that you'd probably be crushed to death (kinda like in a disposal crusher) if you're caught in blast doors

Guest Marlon Phoenix

omg, so many people would be crushed accidentally and we will have a lot more people wanted for assault. As hilarious as this would be I really think it would be a better system for the character to be pushed out of the tile with a "you jump out of the way of the closing shutters!" status emote.

Shutters crush on Paradise with broken bones a near guarantee. This is done too often by accident on the bridge there where the lockdown shutters come down in between entrance airlocks.

Be careful what you wish for. You think AI's can doorcrush to great effect now? Just wait until the departures checkpoint is their playground on malf.

EDIT: Or do you mean the two-tile wide doors? If so, ignore the above.

• Gem locked this topic