Allow R&D to produce prototype hyposprays.

Scheveningen

Prototype equipment is always neat and I'm sure medical would enjoy being regularly given nifty tools that have a wide variety of applications, but I have ideas for R&D hyposprays to be modular instead of just "it's a CMO hypo I guess."

Hypospray Vial Container Options: Hyposprays have various container modules. You know how the prompt works for cyborg hypos? Do it like that. The vials are split into various nodes in which beakers are contained in. Upon activating a hypospray in hand you can interact with the active container nodes to inject fluids with, identified by simple naming structure such as "Node 1, Node 2," etc, up to 4 nodes. They can accept ANY size of beaker, including bluespace beakers. Bluespace beakers are expensive by themselves so I think it's wholly justified to allow 4 possible bluespace beakers in a fully upgraded hypospray, for instance. The size of the beakers implemented also influence reliability checks.

Möbius Storage Vial: May contain any one size beaker. High reliability. Requires only glass and silver in fair amounts.

Multifacet Storage Vial: May contain two beakers of any size. Medium-high reliability. Requires glass, silver and a little gold.

Trilateral Storage Vial: May contain three beakers of any sizes. Medium reliability. Requires a lot of glass, some silver and gold.

Quadrilateral Storage Vial: May contain four beakers of any size. Low-medium reliability. Requires a ton of glass, a lot of silver and a lot of gold.

If the above parts are responsible for malfunctions, they will immediately break and also spill their contents all over the person holding the item, and any reagents that would happen to mix at the time if they were included in a single beaker will immediately react with one another. A replacement will be required in the event of a reliability check fail.

Hypospray Injector Conduit Options: Hyposprays don't necessarily have needles, but they still have a transport mechanism required to transfer the injectant.

Standard Injectant Conduit: Only has one option for interaction and that's injecting 5 units of chemicals at a time. Excellent reliability, will never break down. Requires some steel and a little silver.

Intravenous Injectant Conduit: Effectively acts as a fully functional syringe, able to draw reagents from any container and also draw blood from anyone instantly into the active storage vial. Requires steel, glass and silver. High reliability.

Atmospheric Injectant Conduit: May sample the nearby atmosphere contents to store into the active storage vial. Also shares some features with the Intravenous injector, but cannot inject into carbon mobs, only into containers. Great examples of usage would be in purely a phoron-based environment to allow for phoron gas recompression into liquid. In an oxygen/hydrogen environment, will take 2 parts hydrazine and oxygen, and etc. Requires steel, glass and gold.

Adv. Intravenous Injectant Conduit: Can inject and draw much more reagents at a time compared to its more standard form, up to 15 units at a time. Medium-High reliability. Requires a lot of steel, lot of glass and both gold and silver.

Bluespace Intravenous Injectant Conduit: Injects and draws up to 60 units at a time. Low-medium reliability. Requires a large amount of steel, glass, gold and silver together.

If the injectant conduits malfunction at any point in time due to a failed reliability check, not only does it immediately break the module itself but also has a 50% chance of breaking another module.

I had a brief idea for what Hypospray frames would do, such as increasing capacity of the beakers by a multiplier or allowing an additional functionality mod for the injectors, or increasing reinforcement for overall reliability to prevent malfunctions from happening as often, but I wasn't sure what to call them since I ran out of medical vernacular.

Seems like a neat idea? R&D can make modular guns already so I feel it'd be nice to broaden the spectrum than just being able to kill people with R&D.

• Gem locked this topic