A smaller Ion, basically.

Itanimulli

Now, I've been thinking. The antags have quite a few tools at their disposal. but how about give them something else, going in the opposite direction of the ion riffle, in terms of a sort of...ion pistol? Fooling around in the old-code dmi has found me two models that I'd like to use, perhaps. 2-3 shots, identical to an ion in effect, if not smaller in spread upon impact. Something classed as a pistol, and not a massive weapon.

This isn't really to address any sort of problem; I currently don't see one, as antags usually get on just fine. But I would like to have an alternative to the massive ion; something , perhaps, that can be holstered.

I think a whooooole lot of you are completely missing my point. The idea to only have 2-3 shots is extremely purposeful. This isn't a main weapon, that someone could rely on, by far. It's an extreme emergency countermeasure. The ion is scary to syntheics because it can 2-shot you and has 10 charges, meaning all in all, a good marksman will be taking down 5 synths. This is going to take down 1 at the most, a major sacrifice in potential for it's size.

This is not for the purpose of destroying the balance of the game. It is to add another balanced option.

• Gem locked this topic