If you can't walk, you can't crawl: A Buff Suggestion.

Crawling is interesting, but it's very useless. Other than providing a way under the plastic flaps and helping to stop falls, it's pretty useless. I have some ideas that may help it, though.

-Slightly reduce the timer, it takes too long to crawl.

-Make it more avalible, as you're unable to crawl if you can't normally walk. Make it so being de-limbed or KO'd is the only thing stopping you from crawling.

-Make it more mobile, as of now, you can't crawl if there's a table in the way. Make it so you can crawl under the table maybe? That's been suggested before.

I'm tired of crawling being known as just 'a thing you can do'

I want it to be 'an important thing you should do'

There's one overruling gameplay feature that, unless changed, will always make crawling a completely undesirable last-ditch effort. It inhibits people from crawling for roleplay reasons, it inhibits people from crawling for gameplay reasons:

You can't hold items in your hands if you're lying down. I would like that changed, but it seems unlikely to change.

I would also like crawling to be made a much more versatile and meaningful stance option. I think it should make you harder to hit with projectiles (except at point-blank, obviously; though admittedly, I don't know if it does or doesn't already do that...), I think you should be able to do it faster so it's significant in a melee fight if you're knocked down, I think you should be able to crawl under all the things that a chest can be pushed under, I think you should be able to crawl as long as you have at least one functioning limb... The list goes on and on.

So I'm in complete agreement, buff crawling however possible.

• 3 months later...

I honestly agree with this. Tbh I didn't even know crawling was a thing until now and I still don't know how to do it lol but this seems quite awesome and crawling should be able to be done. It'd make for allowing extra maintenance tunnels (In future, ya know?), hiding, ambushes, etc. And I also agree with being able to use your hands while down. It doesn't really make sense that all of the sudden your useless when downed.

I honestly agree with this. Tbh I didn't even know crawling was a thing until now and I still don't know how to do it lol but this seems quite awesome and crawling should be able to be done. It'd make for allowing extra maintenance tunnels (In future, ya know?), hiding, ambushes, etc. And I also agree with being able to use your hands while down. It doesn't really make sense that all of the sudden your useless when downed.

To crawl, be laying down and click your sprite, then drag to another tile next to you and release. It takes a while, and you can't do it if you couldn't walk.

Yeah tbh crawling needs a buff. I was recently dropped on the floor from having my foot chopped off and couldn't crawl to the medpack IN THE SAME ROOM to stop myself from bleeding out. It was absolute agony. I feel that even though I was in a lot of pain, I should have been able to crawl over there and pull out a gauze roll. Maybe while you're crawling you can only hold 1 item and limit functionality by making it where you can only activate in hand or use the item on yourself? This would prevent downed people from choosing to shoot the valid more instead of trying to live, which is a major theme on the server.

• 1 year later...
  • Gem locked this topic