Add the Icelancer Rifle to game

I got bored and due to having nothing better to sprite, I ultimately decided to sprite the Tajaran wiki's laser weapon, the Icelancer Rifle. I took a few liberties to make it a bit unique though.

Icelancer Rifle

A Tajaran made rifle, it houses a crank-chargable internal battery. It only holds three shots and each shot must be cranked manually, one loading bar per crank. It fires slowly, so it has a fire controller like the Retro Laser, but a little slower, and only holds three shots.

Tajaran_Gun.png

I have made all the sprites, save for a few battery depleted sprites that I'll make if the topic gathers general approval.

What does it even do? Like stats

It would be, essentially, a slow-firing laser rifle that has unlimited ammo via manual crank. One crank loading bar per bulllet. Each loading bar is 5-8 seconds to process, I'd think. At least that would be how I'd translate a few minutes of cranking into mechanics.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

It fires incredibly slow and imagining using it in battle in my mind it seems like it has intensely less DPS than other laser weapons.

A similar weapon is the crossbow, which has high damage and had a chance to impale you to a wall.

The rifle is a reference to the iconic minutemen rifle in fallout 4. The rifle has high damage and can be cranked up to overcharge it for bonus damage.

So i have two suggestions to optimize the rifle.

1) Increase the damage to the equivalent of 2-3 laser shots. In the time it takes to crank thats how many shots a laser should put off. High reward damage, but missing is more punishing with all that damage wasted.

2) allow overcranking, adding damage multipliers with a chance to explode when fired.

• Gem locked this topic