[+1 dismissal]Reloadable Autoinjectors

Fortport

Rapid injection, but only available to medical personnel. When an autoinjector is used, you would manually unload the syringe from it and insert a new one. Blanks come in vending machines and are possibly in the storage. How about it?

This is a balance issue. You do not want your entire medical staff to be able to have reloadable chloral hydrate or even sopor autoinjectors. There's a reason the hypospray is locked in the CMO office.

It also just seems unnecessary. Syringes are fine. Sometimes I use syringes instead of the hypospray anyway. I don't understand what this would really accomplish.

This is a balance issue. You do not want your entire medical staff to be able to have reloadable chloral hydrate or even sopor autoinjectors. There's a reason the hypospray is locked in the CMO office.

It also just seems unnecessary. Syringes are fine. Sometimes I use syringes instead of the hypospray anyway. I don't understand what this would really accomplish.

What Resi said

Although I would perhaps consider the idea of being able to order blank injectors from cargo that you need to fill with whatever you need to fill, as a way to implement "custom injectors" without throwing balance out the window

I like the idea of being able to manually load ones you order, and keeping them single-use as they are. What do you all think? This way it administers fast with whatever medicine you choose, but they're disposable and not able to be used rapidfire. Could they also need to be CMO approved or something?

I like the idea of being able to manually load ones you order, and keeping them single-use as they are. What do you all think? This way it administers fast with whatever medicine you choose, but they're disposable and not able to be used rapidfire. Could they also need to be CMO approved or something?

Auto injectors can already be filled with custom reagents. Use a syringe on the injector and it will take out the content, and fill it with whatever you want using another syringe. I would support being able to order empty auto injectors.

I don't support reusable injectors, on the basis of what others have said.

• Gem locked this topic