Biohazard bins

Bauser

Pretty much every day on the Aurora sees someone lose an arm or a leg, or get blown up, or shot... or immolated... or stabbed, or gored or strangled or poisoned. As such, we rapidly produce a lot of nasty biological waste. Limbs, organs, severed heads, you name it. So, what if we had a better way to compartmentalize this potentially dangerous rubbish? A biohazard-marked trash bin would serve as a proper outlet for disposing of trash that's liable to be infected or toxic. Used sharps (syringes, autoinjectors) and gloves from the medical bay would also be suitable for these vessels.

XDpHcsJ.png]

So let's throw one of these in medical, one in the janitors' closet, and one on the research sub-level. My goal in suggesting this addition is to give a little more depth to the role of janitor. Our main function is mopping up oil and dust, but with more tools like this, we could serve in a more official capacity in response to biological hazards, or at crime scenes. Think Viscera Cleanup Detail. On that note, I really hope it could hold bodies/body bags (as the current trash cart still cannot).

there goes the entire fun of shoving protohumans into disposals and watching sec go on a wild goose chase not even bothering to check manifest for cross reference and getting salty later

JOKING

+1 from me so I can actually properly dispose of biohazard material AND PEOPLE this could be SO GOOD to shove dead people into

In the event that infectious disease becomes a more potent threat, it would be a personal joy if these specialized receptacles somehow conferred extra protection against the spread of germs, as well. An example would be preventing germs from spreading away from whatever tile it's on, so if these simulated bacteria become associated with items, storing those items inside the bin would stop them from contaminating anything around them.

A plausible in-universe explanation for this additional benefit would be that this biohazard bin is hermetically sealed, while standard trash carts are not.

• Gem locked this topic