Pet Food for all Pet Owners on Station, Better Caretaking

Fortport

Generic dry or wet food edible by all pets, in a sack. All pet owners start with a bowl and pet food. More can be ordered through cargo. It makes no sense for pet owners to not be prepared for taking care of their pets! Owning a pet should be fun, and we could maintain their needs like a sort of minigame. Food, water, and needing a bath now and then?

They should also throw up when eating 'people food' or anything that falls outside their diets! Not to mention, that they have to eat so much other crap to get full. Pet food should be the best and most plentiful option, so we don't have to make a ridiculous trip to the chef for steaks and other dumb stuff.

Someone is trying to feed the black hole like void that is our pets stomachs.

But your pet is already hungry again after you feed it.

The hunger system for pets needs to be fixed before we add pet food.

Or as part of it, perhaps.

Dogs and cats are very capable (and should) eat meat like steak. Fight me.

You think that most pet owners feed their pet steaks and meat on a regular basis? And that this is conventional, a widespread idea that all pet owners use? That they wouldn't have pet food on the station? Come on. We can have both, but pet food is supplied too. Dogs and cats can eat premium steaks, in real life, without consequences. Don't have to get sick from that.

Chefs can already make pet-food-like things in the cereal maker.

IMHO it's a policy issue. Heads of staff simply don't care.

I don't believe you on the former. Besides, I mentioned a pet bowl. Something the pets would go to eat out of when they are hungry. And the pet food I'm suggesting for would be in their offices at the start of the shift, because it's assumed that they've fed their pets before. Do ALL HEADS 'not care' by default?

Chefs can already make pet-food-like things in the cereal maker.

IMHO it's a policy issue. Heads of staff simply don't care.

I don't believe you on the former. Besides, I mentioned a pet bowl. Something the pets would go to eat out of when they are hungry. And the pet food I'm suggesting for would be in their offices at the start of the shift, because it's assumed that they've fed their pets before. Do ALL HEADS 'not care' by default?

Well, you can make meat cereals. Which is basically kibble.

So a reasonable compromise might be that we could add a pet food bowl for each pet but just use existing foods to feed them? It makes sense that a starving animal will eat whatever's in its food bowl as long as it's actually food, regardless of whether it's their branded pet food. So sure, give the owners a little supply of meat cereal, and let them figure out what to do if that's not enough.

So a reasonable compromise might be that we could add a pet food bowl for each pet but just use existing foods to feed them? It makes sense that a starving animal will eat whatever's in its food bowl as long as it's actually food, regardless of whether it's their branded pet food. So sure, give the owners a little supply of meat cereal, and let them figure out what to do if that's not enough.

As long as we get a supply without having to run out from the very beginning of the round, I don't care if we reuse assets. Y'know?

• Gem locked this topic