Dump One Backpack's Contents Into Another/Dump Backpacks

Fortport

Click one backpack with another, dumping in order from smallest to largest items. Stops when receiving backpack is full and cannot be loaded anymore.

[Credit to LanceLynxx] Ability to dump backpack's contents on the floor, perhaps with a clattering sound effect if there are things inside that fall out. Activate the backpack with your hand to dump.

Edited by Guest

No issues with the backpack to backpack dumping, I like it, sounds good.

Only complaint with the backpack to the floor dumping is that it sounds like it would be really easy to do accidentally if it was tied with the disarm intent. Why not use the same functionality as an ore bag? Activate it while holding it in the active hand.

Other than that I think both would be good quality of life improvements.

If it gets implemented, I would much rather it be done by context menu (right click -> dump contents) than needing a specific intent. If it just requires a specific intent, that control is never spoken anywhere, so it's harder for people to figure out intuitively. AND someone clicking on a backpack in their hand while on disarm intent is just as likely trying to open the backpack just to access its contents, not wanting to spill it out.

I have had moments where I knew this function would be useful, though, so I'm in favor of it. Again, just hoping it's all done in context menu.

+1

No issues with the backpack to backpack dumping, I like it, sounds good.

Only complaint with the backpack to the floor dumping is that it sounds like it would be really easy to do accidentally if it was tied with the disarm intent. Why not use the same functionality as an ore bag? Activate it while holding it in the active hand.

Other than that I think both would be good quality of life improvements.

Easy to change. Edited original post.

• Gem locked this topic