Rename Asthma to Dyspnea

Guest Menown

Guest Menown

Dyspnea is a generic term to describe a common symptom of numerous afflictions. Put in simple terms, it's shortness of breath or difficulties in breathing, which would better describe our current disability of Asthma. Putting more generic terms for disabilities would be more conductive for roleplay, as Asthma is a fairly closed-lane type of affliction, where-as dyspnea can be described as a result of any number of other illnesses, like muteism, deafness, or nearsightedness.

the thing is everyone knows asthma but nobody knows what 'dypnsea' is and although i'd research it most people won't learn what it means and just see that weird combo of letters that looks like the name of a teletubby. asthma is known by everyone and if someoene wants to roleplay a different affliction as far as i know the effects of 'Asthma' are only in mechanically, not by name in game.

Guest Menown

the thing is everyone knows asthma but nobody knows what 'dypnsea' is and although i'd research it most people won't learn what it means and just see that weird combo of letters that looks like the name of a teletubby. asthma is known by everyone and if someoene wants to roleplay a different affliction as far as i know the effects of 'Asthma' are only in mechanically, not by name in game.

How many people know off the tops of their head what protanopia, tritanopia, or deuteronopia are, characteristically. Let alone which of these can be caused by brain trauma, or which ones are genetic. If somebody selects a disability, it's probably expected they know what it is, regardless of the name, or else they're just picking it just to pick it, without making some sense of it.

How many people know off the tops of their head what protanopia, tritanopia, or deuteronopia are, characteristically. Let alone which of these can be caused by brain trauma, or which ones are genetic. If somebody selects a disability, it's probably expected they know what it is, regardless of the name, or else they're just picking it just to pick it, without making some sense of it.

Edit: Nevermind me.

• Gem locked this topic