Total ninja hardsuit resprite

This suggestion is pretty simple. I thought the ninja suit looked pretty silly and didn't seem to mesh well with how people typically play ninja. The ninja's suit is among the most powerful suits in the game, and the current sprite just doesn't really feel right. Nothing about a guy in a skin-tight suit teleporting around shows power. So, I re-did every single sprite to look less skin-tight and more ninja, and even added sprites for Vaurca.

For comparison, here's the current ninja suit.

6avIlVK.png

Here's the remakes.

YspZLb3.png

The object sprite is this ;

KoLYcUF.gif

I'm willing to redo any of the suits in their entirety according to feedback. As it stands, my biggest issues are with the Vaurca suit, which are really out of place among the rest - this is mainly because I'm not sure if there's any way to change the feet/hand sprites for RIGs (because they're all the same for each race otherwise). Contact me on the discord if you'd like all of the relevant files. A bunch of feedback for the suits was taken from the discord general while I was in the process of making them.

Edit : Updated the Vaurca suit - it should look cool now, too.

Edited by Guest

Daaaaaamn, this looks great! All of them! Massive +1

Minor thing, the Skrell and Vaurca have green lights at the back of their heads where the others don't. The Vaurca one might be hard to quickly tell if they are looking up or down, not sure. This isn't an issue in any way really, just my sense of symmetry being disturbed and it might look better/more consistent if they all don't have green lights on the backs of their head.

These look great Kyres, well done.

Is the green on the suits complimentary to the color of the ninja's energy weapons? That would be the only aesthetic question I have at the moment.

Sorta. They match the brightest greens on the energy sword, but not the rest. It might feel a tad out of place, I'll look into either respriting the energy sword or just recoloring them.

This may be overambitious, but with a little extra reworking, could it possible to use a color picker for both the energy pixels of the suit and the weaponry...? Like deadly, deadly turtleneck sweaters? That way it always matches, and almost everything looks good on black.

This may be overambitious, but with a little extra reworking, could it possible to use a color picker for both the energy pixels of the suit and the weaponry...? Like deadly, deadly turtleneck sweaters? That way it always matches, and almost everything looks good on black.

This should be possible, but would require some minor changes to RIGcode. How would you set the color?

Needs more neon Red. Not a fan of the Green.

Uph9KTf.png

It screams "I'm going to murder you all" which is why I originally picked green. Is this preferable?

VEHb4Q0.png

Minor change to the human sprite by request of someone over discord.

On top of all that, I'll probably work on some IPC variants.

I think it looks pretty good, the only thing I really disagree with is the color scheme. I feel as if the "black" should be bluer like the original suit, and the green should be a deeper, less pastel color. Other than that, I would like to see these actually become the sprites in-game, +1