Xenobiology/Xenobotany Access Changes

MintyGums

I'm gonna make this short and sweet.

It annoys me almost every single round I play xenobiologist or xenobotanist when I mess with chemicals, because I have to ask the AI or a scientist or someone with access to the chemical dispenser and Chemmaster to get me into the small space it's located in research. I mean, even normal hydroponics has access to those machines. You'd think a science nerd would too, right? No.

So here's my suggestion: GIVE THE XENOBIOLOGIST ROLE ACCESS TO THE DISPENSER AND CHEMMASTER!

So that whenever we want to make fertilizer or isolate a slime extract or get some super special botanical chemical, we don't need to rely on others.

There are two ways to do this;

The first way, or the yellow arrow, is a short stroll through RnD.

The second way, the red arrow, is a journey through telescience, the surgery room, and miscellaneous laboratories.

I honestly don’t care which way we get access through, or if we get both. I really just want access to the chemical lab.

So, guys, what do you think?

• 1 month later...

Yeah actually for the xenosciences, chemistry is pretty important for anything more than your basic stuff (can't separate stuff in a grinder). In lowpop extendong rounds or even busy shifts, it can be an absolute pain to not get into the materials lab. So I'm either for giving xenobiologists access or atleast giving them a ChemMaster. +1

• Gem locked this topic