Game Mode Suggestion [Abduction]

Bygonehero

Setting

Ever since the Elyran invasion, when the Lii'dra first realized the potential of humanity, and indeed the galaxy as a whole they have taken to using more insidious means to study and attack their targets. We have seen the results of their work, in the form of black kois, a bio-weapon capable of connecting the infected into the Lii'dras VR overmind. This however, in turn, infected the Lii'dra overmind with the thoughts of those that it infected. Black kois was a useful experiment, but ultimately a dangerous one. In an effort to better understand, and to not make the same mistake again, the Lii'dra have dispatched stealth ships to kidnap and study the various species of Tau Ceti. To learn from them so as to not make the same mistakes that they made before, to make the Orion Spur ready for the arrival of the main host of the hive.

Design

Mechanically, this game mode will be an almost direct port of tg/stations Abductor Certain features, such as the existence of greys will be replaced with Vaurca. Additional glands, as well as equipment, can be made available to the research team to give an additional insensitive to research.

Because Lii'dra are so different from traditional Vaurca, a whitelist will not be required to play this antagonist. Any player may be chosen if their preferences are enabled for this round type.

The primary design is as follows-

In the round type Abduction, two to three players are selected as the rounds antagonists, the titular Lii’dra abductors.

Of the abductors, there are one of two roles they need to assign before continuing, One of the abductors must be the scientist,the person performing experiments on people abducted. Their duty and equipment are as follows

884b799696.png

In addition to this, the scientist is responsible for the actual implantation of experimental glands/implants. The surgery is performed by the following but will need to be changed somewhat in order to match our current system of surgery.

49e8acce6b.png

The next role of the abductor is the agent, or the person responsible for performing the physical abductions. Their duty and equipment is outlined in the following.

a93364e5c0.png

In addition to all of the above, the abductors will have a starting area that will need to be mapped in. Similar to the wizard starting area or the ninja starting area. The area does not require new zones mapped in, as the abductor's ship does not need to move. Everyone from there or brought there will be teleported in. The physical mapping and tile sets can be looked over during the development processes, but in any case, this is some of the equipment that will be available on the UFO

>

Possible glands that can be inserted into the crew for the purpose of experimentation are as follows. This list can be expanded upon or edited during the developmental process.

70d6e834f2.png

Planned additions

Allow the harvesting of biomass from crew, akin to REVERSE cloning, allowing the creation of Lii’dra Warrior forms such as bipedal Za.

unknown.png

Also, the collection of biomass itself could be an alternative entirely to simply experimenting on people, giving the mode a type of GO LOUD kind of playstyle. Such playstyle would use the unique Vaurca weapons such as the Tachyon Rifle/Carbine and the Gauss Rifle, some found already in code and in the up and coming PR, found here.https://github.com/Aurorastation/Aurora.3/pull/4885

Design Essentials

It is essential that Greys are replaced with Vaurca

It is essential that the theme of the round be focused upon implants and biotechnology, areas that the Lii'dra are undisputed masters within.

Future Improvements/Areas of Likely Change

I believe that beyond code issues some sprites, as well as additional sprites may be needed. Beyond this, the mechanics are sound, and can provide exciting new role play opportunities with proper balancing.

Edited by Guest

It seems like a gamemode that would be rarely played to the requirement of having an antmen blacklist, however this can be fixed if you just have humans working for antmen.

You don't need a whitelist to play the antagonist................its in the post..............

It seems like a gamemode that would be rarely played to the requirement of having an antmen blacklist, however this can be fixed if you just have humans working for antmen.

You don't need a whitelist to play the antagonist................its in the post..............

I just read the first paragraph and read "antmen" and that was my only concern.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

I just read the first paragraph and read "antmen" and that was my only concern.

please skim an entire OP before posting a response.

I approve. It’ll be a direct example of why vaurca should be discriminated against for crew. Who is to say the bugs we employ don’t have the same motives as the Lii’dra? On the other hand, it might draw some attention to the race, and incite new species apps and more players. All in all, I love the idea.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm doing my part! Remember New Cairo!

Now we need New Mombasa as an obligatory Halo reference.

Jokes aside, though. This concept really has me interested. A conversion antag that I'd want to support, for once. Amazing.

MIZZ Naval Intelligence. So check your mouths, find your chairs… …and get set for a combat drop!

This is an entertaining idea. Abductors are great stuff on the other servers that have them and I think HRP could definitely benefit from it. With some clear changes, of course.

• Gem locked this topic