Realistic shooting targets [2 dismissal]

Let's be real, the security range is kind of boring. Sure, it's an IC excuse to shoot guns for no reason, but shooting guns is only half the fun- the other half is hitting something.

With that in mind, we should replace the default shooting targets with life-sized dummies. These dummies would act as fake people, and be able to do all/most of the things that people can do, including but not limited to:

• Breaking bones!
  • Wearing armor!
  • Being scanned with a health analyzer! (If that's too much of a stretch, just some way to assess the damage they've sustained)
  • Being de-limbed!
  • Dying!
  • Having a blood equivalent! Perhaps stuffing, or those little beads they put in stuffed animals.

While it would be weird to have a crate full of fully simulated fake humans, I thought it would make sense for them to be deployable, similar to engineering's inflatables. The obvious benefit of this would be to make the range more interesting, but it would also come in handy in training situations: officers can learn about the effects of their weapons in a risk-free environment, and study how armor factors in to weapon effectiveness. Plus, they'd be creepy and fun if anyone managed to get ahold of some (from cargo, for example) and set them up in weird places.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the idea of being able to have or build crash test dummies that have generic pre-recorded lines like 'ouch that hurt!' to something like 'that particular round hit me in the [insert area]'

It can add to the dark humour that's woven into the SS13 setting and probably could have a few interesting spins to it. Perhaps you can order them from cargo and have different brands with different price ranges and features? There's a lot that could be built onto this and would be more interesting than say, shooting up a comatose clone. Unless you can have tailor made protohumans.

Voting for dismissal.

It is already possible to order braindead proto$race from cargo.

It doesnt get more realistic than that.

Y'know I see why that might make this seem unnecessary, but I'm making this suggestion mostly with people that aren't borderline psychopaths that don't mind shooting up an inert, pod grown human. That's pretty creepy.

Well the features you requested in your OP:

These dummies would act as fake people, and be able to do all/most of the things that people can do, including but not limited to:

Having body parts that are damaged independently of each other!

Breaking bones!

Wearing armor!

Being scanned with a health analyzer! (If that's too much of a stretch, just some way to assess the damage they've sustained)

Being de-limbed!

Dying!

Having a blood equivalent! Perhaps stuffing, or those little beads they put in stuffed animals.

Are exactly what the protoWhatever offers.

How you roleplay it is entirely up to you.

You can stick to the papertargets because of moral concerns

Or you can use the realistic version

And shurg it off as: "Well, it has been explicitly produced for experimentation anyway. So if I dont use it, someone else would".