Main UI Change

BurgerBB

qhM3yMw.png

About a month ago I found out you could directly modify the UI. This excited me because the current UI is ass and needs serious changing. My first suggestion is to move the chat bar underneath the chat box, so there is more screen space for people who run non 4:3 monitors. I also made a change where the default chat to tab information ratio is 4 to 1.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Have it be an option please. Having the text bar underneath the player window lets me proof read my typing as I type while still having the events unfolding in my periphery.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Optional is not an option.

Why not? Is there a mechanical stipulation preventing both options from being available?

Tied to engine limitations, yes. There is no opt-in or opt-out.

There could be but it would be a pain-staking effort to get it to work, if not completely impossible as I don't believe there's precedent to that idea. The textport was never meant to be modularly changed. Not even on /tg/ do they have options to change the style of the textport.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

I guess I can live with it. I'm chalking up a lot of my hesitation to this simply requring something DIFFERENT. I can still +1 this tentatively since it will hardly RUIN my gaming experience even if the worst comes to pass

• 1 month later...

No, I'm sorry. I often use up a lot of my chat bar and on the occasions where it starts to scroll, it is the most annoying thing in the universe because Byond is poopoo at letting me adjust what I've typed accurately.

That's a -1 for me.

+1 if I can keep it the way it is and have this as an option for others who want it this way.

So, the same as everyone else!

• Gem locked this topic