Characer Job Preference: Join As Another Character If Jobs Unavailable

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Guest Marlon Phoenix

create a preferential spawn option for multiple characters. "If I do not get this job in this character, roll me to get these jobs with THIS character."

You could ready up multiple slots in a ranked way. So if your one character that is only rolled for HoP doesnt get HoP, you still get the chance to spawn on the station as a new character, thus not missing out of antag rolls.

For example, after all these years my main character is still jawdat but he is slotted for 2 high demand jobs, and I often have to open a new character slot and try to spawn in, missing out on being a round start antag as well as racing with other players to get the slot.

JOB OCCUPATION

- Preference

--Switch to another character if no jobs are available.

New menu options:

[secondary]

[Teritary]

Clicking these causes your character slots to be seen and you select 1 or 2 extra characters.

So I would have,

Main - Rhazakal Jawdat

Secondary:

Azkuyua Triaka

Tertiary:

Doug Ducey

-Game loads all primary characters in first

--Jawdat rolls for HoP and detective, fails.

-Game begins loading secondaries

--Triaka rolls for HoS, fails.

-Game rolls for teritaries.

--Doug rolls for Chef, fails, rolls for journalist, succeeds

-Game rolls in everyone else that is still readied up for a job as normal with their prefs.

All slots for 2 of my characters were taken, but I am still able to board at round-start as a third character due to the preference. And because of this, I also get to spawn as one of the cultists.

This will allow more people to join immediately at round start in preferred jobs, with more options.

While I'm sure this has good intentions, I feel like if you don't get your first slot initially, you should probably respect that other people who were already readied in currently have first priority on their respective roles. Adding in additional chance to butt everyone out just because you didn't roll your initial pick seemingly adds additional unfairness to what might be an initially unfair situation in the first place; to not be able to play as the role you like with a specific character.

missing out on being a round start antag

This is seemingly the objective you wish to benefit from above all else, in addition to the associated access and clout tacked onto getting antagonist status. That's kind of a dubious circumstance to round this all off and I'd rather we not enable that.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

I did not seem to explain the roll properly. All main characters slotted up are rolled as normal. Only after all mains are rolled, does the server look to roll secondary preferences.

Say we have 60 station slots.

The main characters roll 30 of them. In normal circumstances, the round would then start.

But in this system, people with this additional preference are rolled for secondary jobs, filling an additional 10 slots.

Tertaries are then rolled last, filling 5 slots.

The round then starts.

I did not seem to explain the roll properly. All main characters slotted up are rolled as normal. Only after all mains are rolled, does the server look to roll secondary preferences.

Say we have 60 station slots.

The main characters roll 30 of them. In normal circumstances, the round would then start.

But in this system, people with this additional preference are rolled for secondary jobs, filling an additional 10 slots.

Tertaries are then rolled last, filling 5 slots.

The round then starts.

are the secondaries and tertiaries still able to get roundstart antagonist with this system?

That is why I quoted you before, to address whether this would be a thing or not.

• Gem locked this topic