Break Pills into Halves

Fortport

So that you can ration your medicine or share it with someone else. For that moment when both you and your buddy are suffocating or in pain, for example, but you only have one pill left. I'm sure you could think of other useful applications of this.

[*]You can only break the pill in half one time.

[*]Requires two hands.

[*]Interact with the pill in your primary slot, and it will split into both hands.

[*]Optional snapping sound and chat log.

[*]Can be used on all pills.

[*]If you snap a pill in half, it could split into two different sprites that are available for any pills. All pills share the same appearance when broken, to set them apart from regular pills.

[*]Half the dosage of the original pill, obviously.

...Well shit. Yeah, this makes total sense. The only thing I could see people complain about is maybe needing a cutting implement to do it, but otherwise this is a great suggestion. People do it irl all the time, I see no reason to not implement it.

...Well shit. Yeah, this makes total sense. The only thing I could see people complain about is maybe needing a cutting implement to do it, but otherwise this is a great suggestion. People do it irl all the time, I see no reason to not implement it.

I don't see a reason at all for requiring any cutting thing. I mean, snapping a pill isn't that hard, especially if the pill has an indentation for it.

If there is 1 unit in the pill, or an odd number of units, how should it split? Giving one of the halves 1 more unit than the other? Destroying the hanging 1 unit?

Although it seems a little strange to split the pills we have in-game, since they're capsules (I.E. full of liquid) instead of solids.

If there is 1 unit in the pill, or an odd number of units, how should it split? Giving one of the halves 1 more unit than the other? Destroying the hanging 1 unit?

Although it seems a little strange to split the pills we have in-game, since they're capsules (I.E. full of liquid) instead of solids.

That's not the case for all pills. There are sprites and stuff that chemists can pick to change what they TECHNICALLY appear to be. There could be limits based on how many units you can split, by hand. If you want to get technical, we do have values of units that are less than 1. Like 0.50.

• Gem locked this topic