Prescription Eyegoggles for Xenos/Shaded goggles/HUDgoggles

Fortport

Imagine wearing your eyeglasses without your ears, they'd be falling off all the time! I propose that we create prescription goggles for these species to look through, as it is much more realistic and practical. Someone could even make special sprites for these to appear more elegant and stylish than utilitarian.

[*]Prescription eyegoggles and shaded goggles.

[*]Xeno species unable to wear eyeglasses. Humans or other races with similar ears only.

[*]Humans can technically wear goggles. But why would a human want these? Possibly restrict loadout, but allow them to wear if found. Even then, that's a big stretch. Eyeglasses or eyegoggles that are made for a specific person shouldn't work for everyone, but I digress.

[*]Separate containers and places on the station to acquire the goggles.

[*]Able to order them from cargo.

[*]Goggle adaptations for all forms of HUDs. These will not be prescribed, as they are technology.

Edited by Guest

I'd rather they be called xeno-fitted HUD goggles or whatever if this is a thing, I don't really see why they'd need to be prescribed.

Sure, that works. I'm not suggesting that they are prescribed, but their own separate thing. I'll clarify this.

Is this suggestion purely for prescription versions of eyewear, or is it covering all versions of eyewear for xenos? I'm a little unsure on that.

Either or. Prescription especially, but it's tackling a problem that exists for all forms of human eyewear being smooshed on a xeno's face.

That seems like it'd be adding some unneeded complexity. Engineers, for instance, often need to make use of meson scanners to safely set up the engine. If xeno fitted versions of the goggles are readily available at roundstart, sure, I guess it's fine, but if they're not available and need to be ordered from cargo specifically (like xeno electrical gloves, which is another can of worms that I'm unhappy about), then it's going to make engineering a bit of a pain when these essentially necessary items are unavailable for anyone that isn't human. Same for medical, where medHUDs are, while technically not necessary, they're essentially an expectation of the job.

If they'd be already on station, or at least easy to get, and numerous enough that they'd be available to those who need them, it sounds fine. But if it's like the xeno electrical gloves problem, it's going to be pretty directly shitting on non-human crew and directly hinder the ability for some races to do some jobs.

That seems like it'd be adding some unneeded complexity. Engineers, for instance, often need to make use of meson scanners to safely set up the engine. If xeno fitted versions of the goggles are readily available at roundstart, sure, I guess it's fine, but if they're not available and need to be ordered from cargo specifically (like xeno electrical gloves, which is another can of worms that I'm unhappy about), then it's going to make engineering a bit of a pain when these essentially necessary items are unavailable for anyone that isn't human. Same for medical, where medHUDs are, while technically not necessary, they're essentially an expectation of the job.

If they'd be already on station, or at least easy to get, and numerous enough that they'd be available to those who need them, it sounds fine. But if it's like the xeno electrical gloves problem, it's going to be pretty directly shitting on non-human crew and directly hinder the ability for some races to do some jobs.

Just integrate these objects so that they're as readily available for the occupation as their human parts.

• Gem locked this topic